DECEMBER 12

-I love you - whispered Emilie. 
-I love you more, Nathalie - answered Gabriel, leaning in to kiss his blond and smiling wife’s lips. 
-You know what? 
-What? - he answered. 
-We should totally do a snowman. 
-Of course - he said helping her up from the bench they were sitting on, he quickly pulled her into his arms, placing his chin on top of her hair - Oh, how I missed you, my beautiful wife. 
-What are you talking about, my love, I am always here - she laughed.
Gabriel placed a quick kiss on the top of her head and cupped Emilie’s face in his hands, only to find a pair of ocean-blue eyes staring at him. 
-You need to be happy, my angel. 
-I love you Em… 
-Nathalie - interrupted Emilie smiling. 
-NATHALIE! - yelled Gabriel, sitting on his bed, heavy breathing. 
-No… No… Emilie… I love you… Emilie - he said trying to bring his mind to place. 
He lied down and went back to sleep.

Around 4 p.m. Gabriel found himself yelling at Adrien. 
...
-FOR THE LAST TIME, I SAID NO. 
-FATHER JUST ONE HOUR
-I SAID NO. 
-Gabriel, please - interrupted Nathalie for the first time. 
-Nathalie, this is not your fight, back off - warned Gabriel, controlling himself.
-This IS my fight, I might not be Adrien’s mother… 
-YOU’RE RIGHT YOU’RE NOT HIS MOTHER - he exploded
-I WILL FIGHT FOR HIM AS ONE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME? - yelled Nathalie, shutting Gabriel up. -I WILL ALWAYS FIGHT FOR HIM AS IF HE WAS MY OWN CHILD, SO PLEASE, I BEG YOU, LET HIM GO JUST… One… one… - but she couldn’t finish, she had a cough attack. 
-...NATHALIEEE! - those were the last words she heard before hitting the ground. 

When she opened her eyes she found herself lying on the sofa in the living room, Gabriel and Adrien in silence, both at each side of her. 
-Nathalie! - said Adrien, kneeling next to her when she finally opened her eyes. 
-Nat - said Gabriel, caressing her cheek.
-Just… just... let him go. Please - she begged with all the strength she had left. 
-I…Nat…
-Pl… please.
-A...Alright. Gorilla will take you and bring you back 7 p.m. Okay, Adrien?
-No! I want to stay with her- said Adrien taking Nathalie’s hand. 
-No, please. Adrien go. Your father will look after me. Right? - she said staring at the bigger Agreste. 
-I promise - said Gabriel kissing Nathalie’s forehead. 
-Okay… I… are you sure? - asked Adrien. 
-I am fine, go - smiled Nathalie.
-Take care of her, ok? - Adrien threatened Gabriel.
-With my life - said Gabriel taking Nathalie’s hand in his. 

-Let me take you to your room - said Gabriel taking Nathalie in his arms. -I am deeply sorry, I didn’t want to involve you in this mess. 
-You really need to do something about your temper, Gabriel - said Nathalie placing her arms around his neck - I won’t stand any longer. 
-Nathalie… - begged Gabriel.
Yet she didn’t answer she just closed her eyes for the rest of the way. 
Once they got to her room, he softly placed her on her bed and turned around, but was stopped by her hand holding his and pulling him back to her bed. 
-Sit - she asked. 
He immediately sat next to her. 
-Talk to me - she ordered. 
Gabriel sighed. 
-I… I don’t know what is happening to me Nathalie. I don’t know… - his voice began to crack - I am not like this, please... help me. 
-Gabriel - she whispered sitting in her bed and holding him in her arms. 
He sobbed in her shoulder and placed his arms around her. They stayed like that to what felt like ages. 
She slowly pulled him into her mattress. Placing his face on her chest. 
-Let it all go, cry it all out. 
He held her tightly against him, his crying intensifying until he finally fell asleep. Nathalie caressing his hair all the time. 
She was weak,so weak that she fell asleep too.

Gabriel woke up late at night, he found himself in Nathalie’s arms, again, his head was pounding, but not from alcohol this time. He slowly pulled away Nathalie’s arms and stood up from bed. 
He slowly exited her room, closing the door behind him. To be honest, he was already missing her touch.
He stopped himself in Adrien’s door, opening it slowly to find his son fully asleep, he softly closed the door and walked up to his own room.