DECEMBER 19

For you, little bear.

Adrien woke up around 7 am for his horse riding lessons. He was getting really good at it. When he came down the sofa was already empty. Thank God he took a photo. He exited the house in silence.

Around 9 am he came back to have breakfast with Gabriel and Nathalie, only this time Nathalie was not at the table.

She was walking all over the place, followed by Jonah.

She was laughing hard.

-... and then you tossed him to the ground, WOOOSH - said the woman.

Both Jonah and Nathalie burst into laughter. Nathalie had to hold on to the sofa not to fall to the ground.

-... and... and... and you... you ...- added Nathalie while wiping her tears.

-... I couldn't... pick him... up... he.... was so upset- said Jonah.

-He ran crying... to my mom... Oh my Gosh!!!- added Nathalie, that was now giggling.

Gabriel and Adrien observed, in silence, as both friends interacted.

-Lift me up, I need to hang the bells - said Nathalie.

Jonah immediately took Nathalie's waist and raised her up to hang the bells in the beams.

After they were all hung he set her on the floor.

-So, guys, do you like it? - she asked the Agrestes in such an exciting way.

-I... love it - answered Adrien.

-It's pretty - answered Gabriel.

Nathalie smiled and punched Jonah's arm softly

-Adrien, would you like to decorate the tree? - she asked the kid.

-Oh, for sure - he said.

-You can also help, Gabriel - she said whispering.

-I'm fine, I will watch you - he said firmly.

She nodded.

-Come on then guys - she said walking towards the tree.

It was placed right next to the stairs.

Jonah, Nathalie, and Adrien decorated the tree while both adults told the kid their adventures and mischiefs as kids.

Gabriel only observed from the sofa.

Adrien spent the whole time laughing and asking Jonah about Nathalie and her childhood.

To be honest, they had forgotten Gabriel existed, except for Nathalie; she'd occasionally turn around and smile at him.

After a couple of hours Jonah invited Adrien to place the lights on the roof, after Nathalie's speech on safety, they left to the roof.

Nathalie sat heavily in the armchair.

-OOOOF - she sighed.

Gabriel closed his book and leaned into her.

-Are you okay?

-Nervous.

-For Noah?

-Yes- she sat properly in her chair - I want everything to be perfect.

-It is Nathalie.

-I haven't seen him in what? 4 years?

-This is perfect.

-Marjorie is already working on his favorite meal, and his bedroom is ready... and... and.... - she said with teary eyes.

-Nathalie... - he kneeled next to her and grabbed her hand.

-I... what if I'm not enough for the great Noah Sancoeur?

-Are you kidding me?

-You don't know him, Gabriel

He sighed. It was true, he didn't know him.

-Emilie did, he was her best friend - added Gabriel.

-Exactly- whispered Nathalie

-Uh, excuse me, Nathalie- said Jonah.

Gabriel let go immediately of Nathalie's hands.

-Yes?

-It's ready - he said smiling.

Nathalie jumped out of the armchair and into his arms.

He hugged her and she kissed his cheek.

-Thank you - she whispered.

Exactly at 8 pm Nathalie, Adrien and Gabriel were standing in the lobby when the doorbell rang. Nathalie immediately stroke Gabriel's hand.

Joseph opened the door and a tall, very handsome, black-haired, blue-eyed man came through the door. He looked exactly like Nathalie.

-Noah... - she whispered.

-Lil Sis - he said walking towards her and holding her in his arms.

Nathalie felt the universe collapsing on her, she wanted to scream, laugh, cry and shout. Noah closes his eyes and sniffed her hair.

-You still smell like cinnamon - he whispered in her ear.

She giggled a bit.

-We made some cinnamon rolls for you - she said breaking the hug.

Noah smiled and turned his eyes to the two Agrestes.

-Gabriel - he said extending his hand and shaking the blond's hand.

-Adrien, you are a man - he said smiling.

Adrien laughed and nodded.

-Still in the process - he joked.

-Come on, leave your luggage, let's go have dinner, you must be starving- said Nathalie.

Gabriel knew his assistant like the back of his hand. He knew she was acting, she was a very good actress. She faked calm and rectitude, she was trying to meet his standards.

When they got to the dining room. Gabriel opened Nathalie's chair and softly almost imperceptibly he caressed her back.

Dinner was peaceful, full of stories and laughter.

-I can't believe I am here, again, with my sister - Noah said to Nathalie.

-I love you brother - she answered.

-Adrien, tomorrow I will show you my favorite activities in this place, do you know how to horse ride?

-I just learned. Still learning - answered the kid.

-Perfect! - yelled Noah -You will love it. Now... to bed. I am exhausted.

-Sure- said Nathalie smiling.

Noah excused himself and walked to his room, followed by Adrien.

Nathalie was still sitting in her place, her gaze lost in the remains of the dishes. Gabriel next to him.

He wanted to say something, but before he could.

She burst into tears.