DECEMBER 26

Adrien had spent all morning trying to learn how to ride his bike, Jonah had offered to help him. Noah was in the dining room table answering to some mails, although they had set the rule of no technology, apparently, things weren't well in his restaurant. Gabriel was sitting next to the chimney with a new novel in his hands, in between work and Hawkmoth, he barely had time to read. Nathalie was on the other sofa knitting some gloves for Adrien.

Nathalie and Gabriel would, from time to time, raise their heads to blow a soft kiss at the other.

-Hello? - answered Noah -Give me a second - he said exiting the house for better reception.

-So? - asked Gabriel.

-So? - answered Nathalie.

That was becoming their thing, asking "So?".

-What's on your mind? - he asked - I know that look on your face, there is something on your mind.

-I just - she sighed - Noah was Emilie's best friend.

-Yes?

-So, do you think he knows about...

-The miraculous? - he finished her line.

She nodded.

He thought for a second, he hadn't considered the possibility.

-No idea, Nat. - he said unsure - I don't... think so.

-Yes, Goddamnit, I will be there, you fucking idiot - yelled Noah coming back in and hanging up the phone.

-What is it? - asked Nathalie.

-My fucking sous-chef screwed all of New Year's dinner. Nothing is ready.

-You need to go back to Paris, right? - asked Gabriel.

Noah sighed and rested the back of his head against the door.

-Yes - he closed his eyes.

Nathalie stood up and walked to him.

-Hey, it's okay, you can meet us back in the mansion for dinner anytime. Plus, we will have lots of other holidays together, right? - she said holding her brother.

-Sure - he said holding her back and smiling -Just, for the next years, please have a kid or two, I love babies.

-NOAH!!!! - she yelled laughing, punching him softly on the chest.

-We will try - laughed Gabriel.

-GABRIEL AGRESTE! - she snapped at him.

-Come on, sis, it's really fun to bother you.

-Fun, my ass - she answered walking away from both and sitting next to her crochet.

-And when are you leaving? - asked Gabriel.

-Tomorrow morning, I asked that son of a bitch to come pick me up.

-Alright, then let's make this time count - said Nathalie.

The four of them baked some macarons and gingerbread cookies. Adrien would decorate the cookies with their names on them. Nathalie would manage the trays coming in and out from the oven and Gabriel would help Noah mixing the ingredients together.

-Noah? - asked Gabriel out of nowhere.

-Yes?

-Long time ago I gifted Emilie a brooch, she would occasionally wear it, do you remember?

-The peacock brooch.

-Exactly.

-You gave it to her? I thought she found it... - he stopped himself. -Well, no idea where it is, why?

-Just curious - answered Gabriel before quickly glancing at Nathalie, that looked stolidly back at him.

But what if he did?  What if he indeed knew about the miraculous? What if this "I LOVE MY FAMILY" was nothing but a way to get back into their lives because of a certain piece of jewelry. Nathalie's mind was working at speed-light. This was all of a sudden becoming very weird.