DECEMBER 17

It was around noon. Marjorie was preparing lunch for the Agrestes. Adrien was sitting in the living room's puff, next to the fireplace playing Spiderman on his ps4. Nathalie was sitting in one of the sofas, reading, while Gabriel was on the other end of the same sofa, lost in a novel he had found in Nathalie's library.

If anyone saw them in that moment, they'd look like an average family: mom, dad and son. Enjoying one another's company.

But this was interrupted when Nathalie got a phone call.

-Hello? ... Oh hi... REALLY?.....OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU!

Gabriel raised his eyes in curiosity (and perhaps jealousy) towards her.

She looked at him and whispered.

-NOAH!

Gabriel closed his novel and stared at her.

-Ahaaa... I love it, I love you so much! Bye bye.

She hung up the phone and screamed in happiness.

-AAAAAND ? - Gabriel asked excited.

-Well I texted him yesterday and invited him to spend Christmas and New Year with us... as you suggested.

-Your brother? - asked Adrien.

Nathalie nodded.

-Well, and what did he say? -asked Gabriel.

Nathalie smiled.

-He arrives this Thursday - she said and added an excitement scream again.

Gabriel scrolled over to her and hugged her. She immediately tossed her arms around him in return.

-I told you - he whispered in her ear.

-I know - she whispered back.

Adrien cleared his throat after realizing the hug was beginning to be too long.

Both adults separated and blushed.

-That is amazing, Nathalie - smiled the child.

But Nathalie's cheeks covered in tears.

-No, no, no - said Gabriel wiping her tears - Why are you crying sweetie?

-I... I... is just... It's the first time since my parents... that... I... will be having my whole family together.

Adrien paused his game and climbed to the sofa Nathalie and his father were on. He took Nathalie in his arms. She sobbed in her shoulder.

-I... I am so happy - she said.

Gabriel joined the hug.

-We are a family - Adrien said.

-A very peculiar one - added Gabriel.

Nathalie closed her eyes and abandoned herself in the feeling of her favorite boys' arms around her.

Around 11 pm Nathalie opened the door of her bedroom, she was hungry and decided to get a snack. Yet, she realized Gabriel's door irradiated some light, so she knocked.

It took around 20 seconds for Gabriel to open the door.

-Nathalie?

-Goodnight Gabriel, I was going to go get a snack and I saw some light... Hey listen. I just wanted to thank you for... Well, encouraging me to invite Noah... I... this really means a lot to me.

Nathalie was nervously playing with her hair.

-It's nothing, Nat - smiled Gabriel -I am looking forward to meet your brother.

-Really? - she raised her eyes at him.

-Yeah, he's someone important to you -he answered- plus not everyday you meet a 3 star Michelin chef.

Nathalie laughed.

-I am not a Michelin chef buuuuut, do you wanna come with me for some snack? - she asked.

-I'd love to- said Gabriel closing his door and following her to the kitchen.

-Shhh, we don't wanna wake Adrien up - she whispered.

-Yeah, like the day we ninja-entered the house after Jagged's party - he whispered back.

Nathalie covered her mouth not to burst into laughter. She giggled instead.

Gabriel giggled too.

Once inside she closed the door of the kitchen.

And she couldn't take it, she had a laughter attack.

-Ninj... Ninja-ent....Ninja-entered - she muttered while laughing.

Gabriel was laughing too.

-You almost break the door of the mansion - laughed Nathalie.

-Of course not, I was as sneaky as a cheetah - he whispered.

Nathalie couldn't control her laughter, nor could Gabriel.

-You're killing me - said Nathalie holding on to Gabriel's arms in support.

He took her from the waist.

Both stopped laughing until they were only giggling.

-I... - said Nathalie, suddenly noticing their proximity.

Gabriel giggled and caressed her cheek. To which she closed her eyes.

-You're beautiful when you laugh - he confessed.

Nathalie blushed immediately and opened her eyes.

-I like it when you make me blush and not cry - she said.

-I am so sorry. I won't ever, ever, yell at you again, Nat. You mean so much to me - he said kissing her cheek.

-And you for me, Gabriel - she confessed.

The designer's heart sped up.

-Do you want a peanut butter and jam sandwich? - she asked.

-Sure... - he stopped himself before calling her "baby".

-Alright - she said letting go of their embrace, not before kissing his cheek back.

Gabriel blushed.

Nathalie walked up to the cupboard and Gabriel sat down at the breakfast table.

-Nat?

-Mhm? - she asked while preparing the sandwiches.

-Could you make me an infusion? maybe berries or something like that?

She raises her eyes at him, she knew it was extremely rare when he asked for infusions. He saved it for very important moments.

-Sure - she smiled.

-And make one for yourself.

-Of course - she blushed.

When everything was set Gabriel invited Nathalie to the living room.

They sat in their, now favorite, sofa; it was cold so Nathalie decided to cover them up with a blanket.

They ate in relative silence.

-This infusion is delicious - said Gabriel.

-You never ask for them - she answered.

-I know, I just felt like it - he smiled -Are you sleepy?

-Not at all - she answered.

-Wanna watch a movie?

-Sure - she said turning on the TV - Which one?

They explored Netflix together and decided to watch Inception. They ate their sandwiches and drank their tea while watching the movie. Ocasionally, they'd laugh or comment somenthing from the movie.

-It's cold - said Nathalie.

And immediately Gabriel passed his arm around her, pulling her into his chest. She put her arms around him and they snuggled until both of them where comfortable.

At one point, both were fully asleep in the arms of the other.