DECEMBER 16

*¨Hey guys it's Nina, sorry I mixed stories earlier but I fixed it... thank you @Mimi_pirir for making me see my stupid error, love you so much¨*

Gabriel woke up annoyed, thinking about all the things he had to do. But when his eyes adjusted to the light he realized he was in his new favorite bed. He smiled.

He took a shower and wore some jeans and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. He walked down the stairs to find Nathalie also in casual clothes, along with a ponytail holding her long hair, pouring more juice into Adrien's glass.

Without thinking and without planning it he came closer and held her waist to kiss her cheek.

Adrien was jaw dropped by his father's demonstration of affection towards his assistant.

Nathalie closed her eyes at the feeling of his touch and smiled.

-Good morning- she said smiling.

Gabriel finally let go of her, probably a little embarrassed.

-Good morning, father - said Adrien, extremely amused.

Gabriel took a seat in the head of the table.

-What's for breakfast?

-Scrambled eggs, fruit and orange juice, it's very simple but...

-It's perfect - smiled Gabriel.

Adrien was delighted after this interaction between the two adults, his heart felt so warm.

-What are we going to do today? - asked Adrien.

-I need to go check some issues in the manor, but you can do whatever you want, you can stay, come along, read, go ride the horses, anything you want.

-There are horses? - asked an excited Adrien. - I've never ridden one.

-Well, I am sure Mr. Joseph will be delighted to teach you - smiled Nat.

-Can I, father? - begged Adrien.

Gabriel looked at Nathalie for a second, seeking advice in her eyes, and he felt the warmth of her love as she nodded her head.

-Alright, Adrien. Just be careful.

-Thank you, Father - yelled Adrien, and hurried to finish his breakfast.

-The stables are walking down the road, around 500 meters, Joseph is probably washing the horses - said Nathalie.

Adrien hurried to eat and excused himself before walking out of the cottage. He felt completely happy.

Nathalie yawned.

-How did you sleep? - asked Gabriel.

-I slept awesomely - she confessed. -And you?

-To be honest I woke up stressed because I pictured myself at home.

Nathalie laughed.

-No, no no, you're here in our cottage.

-Our?

-Yes, I told you, my cottage is your cottage. You guys are the only family I have besides Noah.

Gabriel smiled and felt the sadness of her voice when mentioning her brother.

-Hey Nat, how long has it been since you've seen your brother?

Nathalie sighed.

-Too long, maybe a year and a half. We sometimes text and video chat but... I miss him, to be honest.

-Why don't you invite him to spend the holiday with us?

-I don't think he would like.

-Why don't you try? - he asked caressing Nathalie's cheek. -Just ask him, you have nothing to lose.

Nathalie closed her eyes enjoying his touch.

-I will think about it - she answered.

Gabriel blushed and pulled his hand away.

-What are you doing today then? - he asked.

-I will go with Jonah to see some old trees that are a little dangerous, we might need to bring them down.

-Oh, Jonah... - started Gabriel.

-He's just a friend - assured him Nathalie.

She didn't know why she said it. She unconsciously tried to reaffirm her feelings for him.

-Oh - said Gabriel drinking his juice.

After breakfast, Gabriel decided to sit in the backdoor terrace with a cup of coffee and his sketchbook. He felt inspired again.

He could see Adrien afar, learning how to ride a horse, having the time of his life. And a little further he could see Nathalie ordering Jonah on the old trees.

He, for the first time in months, if not years, drew just for pleasure.