·Prologue·

Warning ⚠️ Chapter includes abuse and self-harm

A perfect night. The sky was a rich, saturated black with white specks of shining stars. The moon was visible to all; half of it bringing light upon the dark. It was quiet and peaceful. The occasional sound of crickets echoed through the silence. To most people, it would be seen as a beautiful night, but not to a 17 year old boy named Jeon Jungkook. The night only signaled one thing; pain.

The raven haired was on his way home, the moon lighting his path. He walked fast so he could get there as soon as possible. The earlier he was, the less mad his mother would be, right?

Wrong.

It made no difference tonight just like every other night for the past 2 years. The boy knew this even if he didn't want to admit it.

He soon arrived at the doorsteps of his house. It couldn't be called a home; not to him. His body shook with pure fear as he quietly twisted the doorknob. He tried to be as quiet as possible to somehow avoid his mother's wrath.

But luck was never on Jungkook's side.

The door squeaked open. The boy's eyes winced; not from pain, but from the pain that was going to come. He knew it wasn't worth trying to escape anymore, so he walked into the house, closed the door, and looked at his mother who was furiously tapping her foot, her arms were crossed across her chest. An almost empty bottle of Ketel One vodka rested in her right hand that was underneath her left elbow. 

"You're late." She deadpanned.

"I t-tried to get here as soon as p-possible—"

"Shut up! I don't need any more of your bullshit lies. You're nothing but a disappointment." That's when the waterworks started to form over top of his chocolate brown irises, making them glossy. He always tried to do his best, but his mother never saw it that way.

'Maybe she's right. I'm nothing but a disappointment...'

"You're gonna cry now, huh? Be a man Jungkook! You can't even do that, can you? This is why your father's dead." She angrily spat out of her gritted teeth. Jungkook knew this routine; get verbally abused, then physically.

His mother threw her vodka bottle on the floor, glass shattering and flying into Jungkook's skin. The remaining liquid creating a small puddle on the floor. 'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.' He kept changing in his head, but it was too late. The tears finally ran down his face and mixed in with the blood on his cheek. 

She landed a punch on his jaw and kicked his stomach. He groaned in pain, unstoppable tears subconsciously falling down his face.

'Why me?' 

He asks this question everyday yet he still doesn't know the answer.

The kicks kept coming leaving purple and red bruises all over his chest. His ribs were burning, his lungs and diaphragm struggling to make him breathe. When his mother was finally done with him, she stormed up the stairs and into her room only to pass out from intoxication.

Jungkook groaned and held his stomach as he shakily stood up. He weakly dragged his backpack on the floor and up the stairs. The only thing that was keeping him upright was the railing.

When he finally got up the stairs, he made his way into the bathroom and did his nightly routine. He took a shower and cleaned his wounds. But tonight was one of those nights where he added another step to his routine. He stared at himself blankly in the mirror before grabbing the razor from the cabinet.

He sighed as he lifted up his left wrist revealing the array of deep, self-inflicted scars. He placed the cold blade against his pale flesh. He then drew a painfully slow slit into his wrist. Dark red blood oozed from it, trailing down his arm and dripping onto the white marble counter.

It was a punishment to him. A punishment for being a disappointment, for not being able to do anything right, for killing his dad.

He sliced at his flesh creating bloodily ingraved lines. He looked in the mirror and smiled weakly at his reflection.

He ran the razor blade under the cold faucet, cleaning the stained metal. He opened the cabinet and placed the razor back in its place. The boy sadly limped to his room and went to sleep hoping that when he wakes up, his reality he's known for years is just a dream.

But we all know that isn't true. 

And deep down, Jungkook knows it too. 

-

Here's the prologue of Inked Scars! I hope it's good! 💜💛