·24·

"I can't-"

Jungkook's heart shattered, tears rushing out of his eyes involuntarily as he turned away to run out of the shop. 'How could you be so stupid? He probably only used you. Why did I fall for it?' the brunette thought as he rushed out the door, being met with pouring rain that perfectly matched his mood.

He slowed down his pace as he wiped his eyes with his forearm, his tears blending in with the raindrops falling from the dark grey clouds above. He eventually stopped under the dim glow of a street lamp, his clothes sticking to his body.

His hair darkened as wet strands fell on his forehead, his arms crossing over his body to hug himself as more sobs raked through him. "I'm such an idiot for thinking a guy like him could ever love me." the brunette laughed dryly, his body shivering in the cold rain.

"No, you're not." A voice called out causing Jungkook to snap his head towards the source. He was met with the honey dipped eyes of the man who broke his heart. "What do you want? Wanna laugh at me for being so stupid?" Jungkook sarcastically remarked, sniffling in between words.

"I'm not going to laugh at you, but you are pretty stupid. You didn't let me finish my sentence before you ran away." Taehyung spoke with a small smile. "Why would I when I already knew what you were going to say?" "What did you think I was gonna say?"

"That you don't want to be with me. That you only used me because I was weak and helpless." Jungkook scoffed, his eyes glaring at Taehyung through the rain. "I wasn't going to say any of that." the blonde defended.

"Oh, yeah? How do I know you're not lying and just trying to get your little play toy back, huh?" Jungkook yelled, his arms emphasizing his words. 

"Because I know what you've been through. The pain of having your parent be an alcoholic. The feeling of digging a knife into your wrist just to escape the prison of your emotions that you don't know how to deal with." Taehyung paused for a moment.

"I'm not lying to you because I was you, and lying is only going to make it worse. You are free to get all the help you need. I can tell you for a fact that it works. And, whenever you're ready to try and make us work, let me know."

Now, Jungkook was the speechless one. He stared at the older male, trying to pick up on any signs that he might be lying, but he found none. Taehyung was being genuine. "Y-you're really willing to wait for me?" Jungkook's eyes started tearing up once more, but this time out of joy.

Taehyung walked closer to the boy and grabbed both of his hands. "Yes, I am." Jungkook smiled widely before bringing the blonde into a heartwarming hug. He lightly sniffled into Taehyung's shirt, tightening his grip around the older.

Taehyung returned the hug, one of his hands coming up to caress Jungkook's wet locks. They were soaked under the pouring rain, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was the two boys hugging under the flickering street lamp, their hearts whole.

-

a consistant update??? WOW! I'm surprising myself these days :)

aLsO, I had my first day of high school today~ but I had all core classes so that sucked ass.