"Hello, brother."

Visions of David's past flashed through his mind, replaying the final moments of his beating heart over and and over.
His legs rested on the throne and something broke his concentration. All he knew was that he needed to flee Santa Carla and find the girl of his visions.

All he carried that night was a small backpack filled with clothes he knew would help him fit in. Dwayne and Paul hadn't questioned his disappearance, thinking he was going out for a solitary hunt, but Marko found it odd.

His destination was desolate, no one rich would come and spend more than a day here. A broad shoulder rammed into the twenty-two-year-old vampire and he snarled at the burly human. "Mouth breather." David mumbled, the night air taking a turn as he continued into the deepest parts of New York.

"We're all gonna die!" A crazed, drug addict shouts, clearly on something.

"Tell that to someone who cares, normie." David growled, stalking into an empty warehouse covered in graffiti. Their fire barrel was still brightly lit, cards laid out on the table, piles upon piles of cash out in the open. There was a shuffle of feet to his left and a knife to his throat on his right. His gaze came into contact with a female vamp. Her eyes matched his, as did her hair which was a pearly blond. "Alyson."

"How do you know my name?" She pressed the weapon against his bare throat, drawing a line of blood. "We're not a fan of trespassers."

"Alyson, it's David." He shows her the tattoo he got when mom passed away.

"Stupid witches must've led you here." She sneered. "Although you're my brother, so I'll take a small chance here."

"You and I both know witches can't be trusted, they talk too much." David chuckles. "The visions led me here, believe it or not. What's been going on?" He took a seat by the fire, gazing into the flames.

"Nothing we can't handle." She shrugs as four other muscle-y vampires stepped out from behind warehouse crates. "Now that you're here, I hope you've seen all you need. I'm not going back to that hell hole."

"Times have changed, Alyson."

"Let me guess. You have a pack of your own and you kill criminals?" She guessed. "Alright, so we're the same. Let me introduce you to my coven."

A guy with brightly colored hair shook his hand, missing the warm feel of human skin. Half vampire. "Dylan."

-W-

"So what are we doing here?" Their crappy van lurched to a half in front of their childhood residence.

"This'll be easy. Stay quiet and rap the door if anyone comes."

David nodded and nervously swallows. This never went well in movies.