Wedding

Hey guys, please take 2 minutes of your time and watch the attached video. This is the 'cover song: Zara Zara by me Priya bharti'.

https://youtu.be/10GGyQsTsWc

from the 2001 bollywood movie 'rehna hai tere dil mai' recorded in the beautiful voice of Bombay jayashri 

Please please please guys like this video, hit the subscribe button of my channel and also comment and tell me how much you like it.

________________________________________

"Swarni POV"

Weddings are suppose to be magical, an experience which people cherish throughout rest of their life.

But here I am standing on the entrance of the venu closing my eyes tightly and wanting nothing but just one magic to happen "bring back my parents alive." Even when we had absolute nothing, both of them tried to give me a decent life. They were so much in love that when my mother died because of cancer my father followed her soon after.

My mother's last words to me are still ringing in my head "I don't want you to ever compromise on your happiness for anyone or anything. Marry a man who would love you more than us & marry only for love, my love. "

Whatever happening is quite opposite of what my mother have told me. My aunt and uncle were walking either of my sides, I was wearing a maroon lehenga, a Indian traditional wedding dress, holding an orchid flower garland walking slowly towards the stage where ayaan was standing I took my sight off the ground and take a look at him, he was looking at me stun as if trying to reasoning with the way I look, I immediately got panicked and started observing for any possible error. I know I am not that beautiful with this dusky complexion,yes i am aware of the fact that I am nothing in comparison to his looks, he is utterly handsome.

He was looking like some rajput prince. When he saw that I know he is looking at me he diverted his eyes. We're now standing in front of each other and exchanged the garlands while trying extra hard not to look at each other.

After an hour of an awkward photoshoot we were now sitting in front of the holy fire in mandapa where the priest asked my uncle to give my hand in the groom's hand for kanyadan (giving away your daughter). And the minute our hands touched each other's we immediately looked straight into one anothers eyes. There was this strange current went through my veins and I couldn't help but look at him, to ask him if he also felt the same wave of electricity in his veins or not. Our hand were then connected for the remaining ceremony even when we took 7 rounds around the holy fire(phera) while taking 7 sacred wedding vows. All that time my heart was pumping so hard and my brain was still asking me to run away from all this.

The wedding was grand. Entire venu was filled with famous celebrities and Media as my inlaws are filthy rich. However there was this one particular man who was keeping an eye on everything that were happening in the wedding 'Mr. Hariharan' a senior advocate of supreme Court. I have been told to smile extra hard in front him and makes him believe that me and ayaan are doing this for real because he is the one who will sign everything in ayaan's name after one year of our wedding.

Everything went well the ceremony ended by touching the feet of our elders who were supposed to give us blessings but only passed us a fake smile.

After dinner me and ayaan left in his car to his place. Throughout the ride all I could hear was him cursing his destiny. He was so angry that not once he looked at me. When we're there he left me alone in his car, without giving a second about how the hell am I suppose to get inside the house without him that too while carrying this 50 kg lehenga. There was no welcome ceremony nobody was there to take me inside his house. I held my tears back, thought about my mum and dad and told myself that you are not supposed to feel like this. "Don't compromise your happiness for anything or anyone." I stepped out of the car and told myself while smiling "welcome home swarni".