Flipped

"Ayaan POV"

The yash malhotra's property was resembling the new bride. Entire bungalow was covered with the ferry lights and the entrance, it was not less than any red carpet. As my dad informed the minute we exit from my car, paparazzi started taking pictures of me and my wife. Specially of my wife because truth be told she isn't looking any less than bollywood star.

After couple of pictures we entered the grand diwali celebration, whole high society circle was present there but my eyes we're looking out for certain miss Malhotra. As we reached at the end of the sitting arrangements, I found my family lounging on the table, I saw nia approaching us "you looking damn hot bhabhi, isn't she ayaan? " But my entire focus was on my search hunt for Lilly.

"Many many congratulations ayaan. "  Her voice, her melodious voice I can recognize it from any audible distance. I immediately turned around to look at its source while the smile from ear to ear was plastered on my face. But when I turned my entire world flipped in front of me.

___________________________________________

"Swarni POV"

As we turned I saw a tall, thin girl. She must reach 5'4 or maybe 5'6. She shrugged with as much elegance as she could muster, and eyed my husband with deliberate interest, this left me with no more confusion and I could easily tell that she is the Lilly Malhotra.

But who is this guy she is clinging on. As I was eyeing them both when she caught my actions. "You must be my long lost cousin? " She raised a question while pointing out at me. This brought me in sudden centre of attraction.

"So you are the one who married this idiot. " She said it so casual, her was of talking was in so much denial of the situation through she put us all through.

She offered me her hand which I took it gracefully. "That's me. " I draw a thin smile on my face and took a glance at ayaan, who was still standing there dumbstruck. Maybe he has noticed the same. While he was giving away his true intentions to kill the man standing next to my cousin, I nudged him.. " He... Hey Lilly, I missed you" And without any further due he took her into his strong arms I opted to look at other way where Nia di was watching the whole scene her eyes meet mine and her eyes were showering sympathy for me.. I blinked away my eyes and again focus on my husband who was caging his lover although the discomfort was clearly visible on Lilly's face. She practically freed herself from his arms and again linked her arm with the guy she were strolling with.

"Let me introduce you with my friend 'Tony Carter' he is a huge deal in Hollywood. He has signed me for his upcoming movie." The enthusiasm was appearing so poisonous.

"Is.this.the.reason.why.you.left? " Ayaan put every word after other in a dangerous tone that I got goosebumps and even Lilly's eyes also turned darker in fear. However she dare utter a single word, her silence was the evidence of the reason of her departure

I was about to leave when he held my hand while interlocking our finger, standing there like a statue was my only option. "Well meet my lovely wife, Swarni Malik" a chill runs through my spine my keens turned into a mellow and I could catch from that sentence was SWARNI MALIK, like really this was the very first time he took my full name as his wife as his equal. As in even I hadn't changed immy surname myself for the sake of the reason that it's only going to be 1 year when I had to play Mrs. Swarni Malik but this coming out of his mouth has sent me into utter shock.

While I was still wrapping my head around his reaction, he suggested her we should meet again. "My wife is a ultimate chef, you have to come and see how does a great wife take care of their husband. " He passed the comment and I had no other choice then play along with him.

" Yeah even I can vouch on that. My bhabi is indeed a good chef. Her biryani taste out of this world" Nia di also jumped into this awkward war zone. " Hi i am Nia Malik, Lilly used to work for me, I should warn you, she is a pain in the ass.. Hahaha" My eyes along with Lilly's turned into the size of saucer.

" Hi Nia, it is nice to see you too, happy diwali.." And she threw her animatic kisses on Nia di cheeks.

"So Tony how about tomorrow, it's Sunday we can take a day off and I can show you my vineyard and cottage? "

"Yeah sure why not Mr. Malik" He offered his right hand to ayaan which was crushed by my husband's grip "Deal than." Than he looked at me surprised me even more "let's go somewhere private jaan(darling). " His whispers was turning my already mellow knees into marshmallows that too melted ones. He again interlocked our fingers and started walking towards the exit.

" Sit in the car NOW ".... HE snapped at me because of which my heart almost jumped out of my body. My hand automatically went to my chest and I took 2 steps backwards. " But we just came here ayaan, we haven't met my uncle aunty yet. "

"Why do you care, as if they are dying to see you huh?... " And he was right but that still hurts, if staring could kill I would have been in prison now.

"Listen swarni let's just go from here, please.. "

"But I am hungry ayaan I don't wanna leave with out having my dinner, you can't win every time. " I said in a stern teenage manner.

"Fine let's go eat, but not here,"

"I am going to decide than,..hmmm.. What do I wanna eat??... Oh yeah I was craving for MacDonald for so long let's just go there.. " With that I took a passenger seat of his car, while he was still fuming.

___________________________________________

"Ayaan POV"

"You have to be my wife. " Here I said it.. Which caused the half lettuce hanging from her mouth, "ayaan do you realize, I. Am. Your. Wife. "and after all the blunder and misfortune happened today this was the first time I smiled.

" I know silly, what I meant was we have to pretend as real couple.. As.. As.. As we are.. In love" I said while playing with the straw in my Coca-Cola cup. I don't know why it felt like as if in that moment I just couldn't look into her eyes and say that. As if I was afraid of something, "do you think this will bring her back to you? " There my blunt wife, anyways I nodded "and you think that this is the thing you want to be happy?" Again I nod "alright than, it's just one month left let's play it husband wife for one last time. " This time I looked at her in her bewitching eyes and at that moment I realized that only a month left, and she would also get disappeared, this left my heart really very heavy.