6. Thank you very much

Alex's POV

I was in my office when I got a call about Mahi's fight. It took some time for me to process the information. How could she manage to get into hurting someone till he passes out and that too on her first day? I was getting angrier by each passing second. All I could see was red.

I reached the infirmary of school. They told me that he hit a guy and that too her maths teacher's son. He passed out and hasn't woke yet but was out of danger. Thank god he didn't suffered any serious injury.
The principal informed me that she skipped her class too. But she has been found and was called here. I can just hope that I won't kill her.

She came in a few minutes. Her eyes were red probably from the crying she must have done till now. She must have felt guilty but that doesn't matter now. What she has done was unacceptable.

"I... " she spoke but I cut her immediately.

"Don't utter a single word from that mouth of yours. " I said squeezing her hand.

"This kind of behaviour is not acceptable in this school. We thought about rusticating you but your brother convinced us not to. This time I am giving you a chance but don't make me regret this. " Mr Davis told Mahi in a stern voice.

"But... " She tried speaking again but then I squeezed her hand even tighter. She didn't even wince from my grip.

'Quiet. 'I mouthed her.

"I will make sure she won't even think about something like this in her entire life. Don't you worry Mr. Davis. " I assured him.

He gave me a smile and I pulled Mahi to the car.

"In. Now. You better not make me repeat myself. "

"At Least... " I was losing my calm by each passing second. So I picked her and almost threw her inside locking the doors.

She tried multiple times but I didn't let her speak. I was beyond pissed. No one can save her from my wrath this time.

I pulled her harshly out of the car and took her straight into the house. "What the fuck Mahi? How can you even think that this behaviour of yours is acceptable? I never felt this insulted before. I will make you regret this Mahi. Mark my words. " I yelled shaking her. She never tried looking me in eyes. She kept her eyes downcast on my feet.

I splashed the water from the nearby glass on her face. "Reality stroked you or not? " I asked her.

"Yes. "

"Yes what? " She gave me a blank expression.

" Sir. You will address me as sir. "

" Yes sir. "I could sense disappointment in her voice. She should be crying and apologizing now. But she wasn't. I guess this girl has no sense of guilt.

"What were you thinking huh? " I said grabbing her face, my nails were digging in her skin.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ALEX? "

"Don't you dare interfere Dean. "

In an instant Dean hold me, pulling me back. I was struggling to get free but that only led to his grip being tighter. Ed reached Mahi and helped her sit on the couch.

"Either stop this or you both are grounded for a month. "

This threat wasn't enough to stop them. Ed gave her a towel and told her to go and rest in her room. But she didn't make a move.

"Fucking leave me Dean. " I growled.

"What the fuck were trying to do Alex? "

"You guys don't know she... "

"We know everything but you don't."

" She did it out of self defense. " He said stroking her hair.

"What? "

"That Adam whom she punched wanted to fuck her. He tried to sexually harassed her Alex. She did it to protect herself and here you were being a dick to her. How could you? "

"But Mr Davis told me all this. "

" After that incident Mahi went to our school's administrative office to collect the CCTV footage and she also left a formal written complain in his office. He has been trying to contact you since then but couldn't. "

" That asshole Adam too confessed and got rusticated from school. "Ed said.

I never felt this bad. I was regretting. She lost her everything. I was now his new family and me treating her this way must have broke her.

" Mahi please look at me. I am extremely sorry. I let my anger took over me. I am ashamed of my actions. I was wrong. I know I am not in a position to ask for your apology. But please forgive me. " She wasn't crying but was I could sense that she was hurt. She didn't reply.

"I think you should rest for sometime. Let me know if you need anything. " Ed told her.

" So you won't punish me now? Are you letting my mistake slide this time?" She asked me innocently. It made my guilt to rise. I was feeling very bad about my behaviour. The time when I should be with her assuring my presence, I was making her feel bad about her being with me.

" No Mahi. It wasn't your fault. It was my fault. It all happened with you when I was in school. I should have protected you. It's my duty as your brother. " Ed said. She nodded. She had a really long day. So she went to her room.

I was filled with regret. I was the one who was telling them to behave nicely with her and I behaved like an asshole myself.

Dean took a seat next to me. " You need to remember she is a little girl who lost everything. We need to give her a home feeling around us. "

"I know Dean. I didn't mean to hurt her really. I do love her with all my heart. I am sorry. "

"It's okay I know. You are way too protective of us. But please don't do this again. " Dean assured me.

I cooked a nice dinner as an apology and decided to tell that I didn't mean anything.

I went to her room to call her for dinner. I knocked but she didn't answer. Her door wasn't locked so I went inside.

Her room was completely dark. There was no light in the room except for the one from the door. I turned the lights on to see she was sitting on her bed with hers arms wrapped around her knees protectively.

" Mahi. " I called for softly. She flinched at my voice. She looked scared. Her face was pale as well.

"Are you okay? " I asked her sitting on her bed. She nodded.

"Come have dinner. "I decided to talk to her over dinner.

" I'm not hungry. I need rest. Can I sleep? " she asked me. Her voice seemed like she cried for hours but she didn't. Her eyes looked normal.
I turned to leave her alone.

" Sure. " I said but my heart still aches at the words she said to me next. She said it very nicely and her intention was not to hurt me but still it did.

"Thank you very much sir. " She said.

_____________________________

Guys thank you for your support and heartful messages.
Any kind of constructive criticism is appreciated.