22. Solve everything

Two chapters in a day!!!

Mahi's POV

Everyone was gossiping when I stepped out of the car. It's an everyday thing now.

Just when I was about to go to find my Sammy, someone back hugged me. I flinched immediately but quickly relaxed in the warmth of his touch.

Sammy.

" Thank god you are real. When I woke up today, everything that happened yesterday seemed like a dream. Thank you Motu. I don't know what I would have- " The broke the hug and turned to face him. " Calm your tits down. " I said smiling. But my smile soon dropped when I realised what I have done. I hugged Sammy and used a bad word in front of my brothers.

I took a step back, closed my eyes and prepared for the impact. But what came instead was a hand rubbing circles on my back. " No one can hurt you in my presence Motu. " Sam's eyes were filled with anger.

I moved my gaze to my brothers to see a teary Dean. They both left me and Sammy without saying  anything. " I'll quickly get my timetable from the office. You go to your first class."

I quickly went got seated in my usual last seat and saw Mary and Seb talking besides my seat. From whatever I learnt till now, Mary seems like a nice girl. She is only nice girl I have met in this school. She came and said, " Hi, I am Mary. Sorry, we never got a chance to actually talk. "

" Oh no that's totally fine. " We talked for a while till everyone came and I was right, she is actually very sweet.

Sam took the seat besides me. He showed me his timetable and lord it was identical except AP Chemistry. "Can this possibly be a coincidence? " His grin answered the question. I knew Sam was protective of me but isn't this too much?

He didn't leave me for a second and soon it was lunch break. I tried every possible thing to avoid going to cafeteria but guess it was useful. I even tried I'm not hungry thing but it only backfired when he threatened to take me there himself.

" I have to go to the loo. Please. " "Okay fine. But I want you in the cafeteria in 5 minutes. " Oh god what do I do? Should I run away? Should I just stay here only? No. You should just go. Okay, I'll go. I made my way to their table in snail's pace.

" Where's your food, Motu?" This is not going to be easy. " I'm not hungry." I replied without looking at him.

"I think we got over this. " He said in a slightly intimidating tone. " Motu, just go and get yourself something. "

When I didn't move he asked again, "What happened? " I knew better than to lie on Sam's face as he can see through my every lie.

" I don't have any money. "

" Alex didn't gave you lunch money today? " Ed asked and I shook my head.

" Did he ever gave you lunch money? " Sam asked and I didn't answer it so he turned to my brothers and asked, " Did you ever saw her eating in school? "

" She told us that she eats at the lunch."

" She has been skipping lunch every day because of you and you call yourselves her brothers. "

" But she never told us. "

" That's my point. She can't even ask her own brothers for lunch money. " He said and grabbed me a cheese sandwich to eat. The rest of the lunch went silently. I locked eyes with Dean only one time. I only saw guilt in them and with that he left without eating. I finished my sandwich as fast as I could to get away from this awkward silence. Sam followed.

And obviously he started rambling soon enough. " Really Motu. What was that atleast they let me eat and all- " He said in a mocking tone. " -huh? You have been starving yourself since you got here. Just just look at you. You have lost so much weight. I am sure there are only bones behind those baggy clothes of yours. "

I knew where this could head so I put a stop to it immediately. " Stop will you? It's nothing like that. Alex just forgot to give me lunch money and he would never do that intentionally. "

" And tell me you don't have any money of your own. " He knows me very well. I kinda had this habit of saving money since I can remember. I used to save the money mom or dad used to give me for candies or from working part times. I saved every single cent I could. And trust me it's very useful.

" Yes I have. But I wanna save it for something important. "

" For fuck sakes Mahi. Food is important. " He only calls me Mahi when he is either pissed or sad. I just moved my gaze to the floor and nodded like a kid.

The rest of the day went in blur. Sammy insisted that I go home with him but I refused cause my first priority at that moment was Dean.

Whatever happened to me in the past was my fault not his. Skipping lunch was my fault not his and I can't just let him blame himself for my mistakes. I never really had a conversation with Dean. I never told him anything about me nor tried to listen him. But today I'll solve everything.