11. Closed Shell.

Dylan's POV

Today the first class was English which I shared with all my friends and Mahi. She usually sits in the back.

Today Mr. Andrew were going to make the pairs for the project. I just hope not to be partnered with any girl. Cause last time I did and I had to do I everything by myself because there's no way I'll talk to a girl.

He started announcing the pairs, "Katherine and Henry, Natalia and Lisa, Mary and Benjamin, Edward and Dean. " None of my friends were left.

"Dylan and Mahi. " Fuck. I mean it's not like I never hoped for this but the problem here was Whenever I went to talk to her I can't speak a word straight. I stutter everytime I try to talk to her.

But this time I had to. This is my chance to be friends with her. I was attracted to her the moment I saw her. But my attraction only grew by each passing day. The way she acts, the way she lives, it makes me curious... Curious to know everything about her. She lives in a closed shell and I wanna know what's inside that shell.

I tried the whole day to gather courage to talk to her but couldn't. So I asked my friends for help at lunch.

" Guys help me no. You know how to talk to girls but I don't. "

"Just go, say hi and talk. What's the big deal about it? " Seb said totally uninterested in this talk.

"I can't because I am Dylan who never talked to girls and she is Mahi who doesn't respond to anyone. "

"You are comfortable talking to me no. Just gather some courage and talk to her. She is the only girl who caught your attention. There must be something special about her and now you guys are paired together. This is fate Dylan. Just go with the flow. " Mary said.

" Fate and all. What nonsense! Furthermore it's not like I love her or something. She is just different which makes me want to know more about her. And that's it. "

I wonder why Dean and Ed never gave me any ideas on Mahi like the others do.

I was searching for Mahi for the rest of the lunch and I found her. She was infront of the library on the 3rd floor. "Mahi. " I called for her but she didn't respond and walked ahead.

So I ran after her grabbing her hand. She flinched immediately and pulled her hand away. " Don't. " She warned and turned to leave.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to. I just wanted.. talk..  y...you... pro... project. " I stuttered. Man why does this happen all the fucking time.

She turned to answer me. " Ahh. Dylan si... Umm.. I too wanted to talk to you about the project. Do you mind if I do it alone? I'll complete it and give it to you by the day after tomorrow or if you want I'll try to finish it by tomorrow. Please. "

My hopes were shattered. Btw I don't have I the right to blame her when I dif the same with others. I wonder if she had gone through something like me.

Alex's POV

I was in the drawing room sending important mails from my laptop when kids came home.

Before I could greet them Mahi was on her knees in front of me. She kept her gaze downcast on my feet. I was shocked by whatever was happening to be.

Dean pulled her to have her on her feet but she resisted. "Alex si.. sir I am sorry. I am really really sorry. I didn't mean to.. " Here she choked out of words.

"What the fuck are you doing Mahi? You were acting weird in the car and now this. Will you please help me understand what the fuck is going on?" Ed said this time successful picking Mahi up.

I helped her to take a place on couch. Dean brought a glass of water and we forced her to take few sips of it. I rubbed circles on her back which suprisingly did calm her.

"Now tell me clearly what happened?" I asked her still rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"Sir, I am sorry. Actually I broke one of your rules today. Please forgive me. Please don't hurt me. I won't do it again I promise. " Her legs were shaking when she was saying this.

I was feeling so guilty. She fears me so much. This was enough to bring tears in my eyes.

I hugged her tightly from the side. "It's okay Mahi. It's okay. "

"It's okay? "

"Yes Mahi. It is okay. It really is. No matter whatever you did, no matter what you do I won't hurt you ever. I am sorry Mahi. Please forgive me. "

The tears were escaping from my eyes.  She is scared of me. She is scared of her own brother. She thinks I'll hurt her.

She was confused. It took me about an hour to make her understand that no one will hurt her here. She fell asleep in my arms. I was is no mood to leave her.

Dean left when he reached his breaking point. He was not able to see her like that.

After she fell asleep Ed told me everything that happened in school today and how she isolated herself from everyone till today.

I was shocked to hear that the mistake she was talking about was she talked to Dylan because she was paired with him for a project.

I can't forgive myself ever. I scared her to the core. I can just hope that she trusts me again.

I talked to her when she woke up. She was calm then. She clearly explained me what happened.

"But don't worry. I told him that I'll do the project alone. "

"Mahi. You don't need to. I mean if you want to do it with him you can. If you wanna talk to anyone you can. If you wanna make friends you can. It's your life Mahi. "

"You will allow me to talk to boys? "

" You should call him over tomorrow. You can also help Dean and Ed in the project. "

"Thank you. " She whispered quietly and left.