9. True

Dean's POV

After that I haven't seen Mahi the whole day. She left my food at my doorstep. I was regretting everything I said.

The next day Ed and I were waiting for Mahi. She came downstairs wearing a sailor blue t-shirt paired with white pants and white sneakers.

"Are you feeling good? " She asked me casually as if nothing has happened between us. I nod in response. Ed asked her to have breakfast but she didn't eat anything saying she wasn't hungry.

I so wanted to apologise to her but couldn't. So I did the stupidest thing I could ever do, I approached her in school.

"Mahi. " I called for her. She didn't even bother to look who's calling for her and continued walking.

"Mahi. It's me. " I yelled again. This time she turned.

" Are you ok? " She was concerned about me, again increasing my guilt more.

"Yes. It's just that I wanted to talk to you about something. " She nod her head so I continued, " I am really sorry for whatever I said to you yesterday. "

It was really tough for me to say this. I practiced saying this like a thousand times in the mirror this morning. But her reply to this broke my heart.

" You don't need to apologise. Furthermore everything you said was true. " She said innocently.

I couldn't continue further. She left after saying that. How could someone say such hurtful words this sweetly?

The day went by like this. I was thinking about Mahi the whole time. Did she mean everything she said? She doesn't consider us her family?

I was in class sitting besides Ed. Mr. Tuckerman was blabbing something which I wasn't listening. That's when a got a call from an unknown number. My mobile phone was on vibration but still I noticed it and I ignored it. But the call was followed by a text from the same number.

'Sorry to disturb you. But please can you come to library whenever you are free. I need help.
Mahi. '

Ed read the message simultaneously with me and in the next second we both were out of Mr Tuckerman's class.

The consequences of running away from the middle of a class were not in our minds. The only thing we knew was Mahi was in trouble and she needs help. This is the first time she had ask for something. The way to the library seemed so long that my mind would brust from thinking about what would have happened to her. Did someone tried to touch her again like last time?

When we reached the library, it was empty. Mahi too was nowhere to be seen.

"Mahi. Mahi. " We yelled her name and started searching for her behind shelves.

"Here. " we heard a soft voice coming from a far away book shelf. It was Mahi.

We rushed to her and she was sitting on the floor. She had her arms wrapped around her knees protectively.

"Mahi. What happened? " I asked her in the softest voice that came out of my mouth ever.

She didn't look in our eyes. So I bent down to her eye level and placed one hand on her right arm to assure her that I'm there for her. She looked in my eyes. Fear was evident in her eyes. She stared at me as if she wasn't expecting me here at this moment.

"Mahi. Don't worry. I'm here with you. Now tell me what happened? " I asked her as calmly as I could.

"I am sorry. I am really really sorry. Please don't be mad at me. I didn't mean to... " Ed sat down as well and rubbed circles on her back. "Tell us the truth Mahi and no one would be mad at you. "

"I am sorry. Actually... actually I didn't realize that I got my periods and I accidentally stained my white clothes." She said.

Innocence was dripping down her face. She looked like the same 4 yr old Mahi who came to tell us that she broke her toy.

We both heaved a sigh of relief when she said this. " It's okay Mahi. It happen sometimes. You don't need to worry about such small things. " She looked at me relived. "So Ed will stay will you and I'll go get some fresh clothes and sanitary pads. Do you have extra clothes?"

"In my locker. "

Firstly I went to her locker. The moment I opened it my nose got an awful smell. I should have expected it. Almost everyone picks on her. Her locker was a mess. It looked like a trash can. No need to say her clothes were not in a condition for anyone to wear.

So then I went to infirmary. I knew Ms. Charlie so I thought explaining her the whole situation won't be difficult. "Ms. Charlie. I need sanitary pads. " she gave me a suspicious look and went through her drawers.

"Do you have spare pants. Actually it's for Mahi. She got her period and stained her clothes and doesn't have extra clothes. Please Ms. Charlie. " I said in single stroke. She gave me long trousers and I thanked her. When I turned to leave, she placed her hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"I'm proud of you. " She whispered in my ear.

I then went straight to the library. Ed was comforting Mahi. I went towards them and gave her pads and clothes. "Here go to the washroom, change and come to us okay? " She grabbed it standing in her place. I removed my jacket and tied it around her waist. "Thank you. Thank you very much. " she said before leaving.

She came after 10 minutes in fresh clothes. We sat down in the library itself. "You don't have a cell phone right? So the text?" Ed asked her.

"It was librarian's. He left it on his table. And only I know your number so I messaged you. " Ed muttered a slight ohh.

"When I messaged , you must've been in the class no? "

"Fuck. "