36. Shattered

Mahi's POV

It's been over a month since my accident and the revelation.

My relationship with Ed and Dean has improved a lot these days.

Sam and I have grown closer too. He was acting a little weird in the beginning but I made him comfortable around me again. I always do that. Of course it took a lot of effort but they were worth it cause I already lost him once and I can't afford to go through all of that again. Without him, I was devastated and I don't wanna go through that ever again.

About Alex, well he is pretty much the same. He never has time for any of us. He would stay out of the house for days without informing. He has grown distant to me, not only me but Ed and Dean. He never looks me in the eye. Maybe he's afraid that I'll find out what he has been trying to hide.

Dylan dealt with his demons with the help of Mary and both of them started dating. I am so happy for them. Dylan really needed someone to fill his voice and for this task, no one could be as good as Mary.

Sam has grown more overprotective of me than my brothers. I never show it but somewhere I like it.

Everyone has helped me overcome the difficulties I was facing in their own way. I slept with my brothers and Sam everyday and it was helping.

I still have nightmares but they are less frequent now.

I was feeling more normal from the inside.

Their love and care was making me feel nice about myself but I was already feeling guilty for lying, especially to Sammy. He has done so much for me and still does but I don't know how to tell him the truth.

Besides, there's no way for him to find that out anyway.

Only if I knew how wrong I was.

Today was my Maths test for which I was tense. It's been a while since I have been stressed for a test. Sam assured me before we started on the test. When the teacher announced the results, Benjamin was first from our Class.

I was first too from bottom.

Next to me was Sammy.

I knew he purposely did this so I don't feel bad but he forgot I know him very well to fall for this.

After the class ended, the teacher asked me and Benjamin to stay.

"Mahi, you have been consecutively scoring the least for the 3rd time so I want you to take some help from the top of our class, Benjamin." He eyed me with a disgusting face as if I wanted him to.

"Come to the library on the 3rd floor after lunch alone." He saw that I had no intention so he added, "If you don't wanna get in trouble."

Sam literally jumped on me as soon as I left that door so I informed him about everything. "The teacher wants Benjamin to tutor me so that I could improve my grades."

His eyes visibly darkened and he growled, "Hell no. You are not going anywhere near that bastard." I could see him getting furious.

"I don't have a choice but I can promise to keep myself safe and don't worry I'll message you if he tries anything." I tried to make peace.

"No means no Mahi. I am not letting you meet him alone for anything." I knew he wouldn't but it was still worth a try.

"I'll get in trouble." I pleaded even though I knew nothing would work.

"I prefer you getting in trouble with the teacher than him." He gave me a warning look that meant not to argue with him.

He forcefully made me eat a heavy lunch. He has been monitoring my food intakes since my lunch. Tricking him never works.

He becomes very strict and annoying when it comes to my eating habits.

I like easygoing Sammy better.

Later he took me to the library where Benjamin was already waiting for me. "I remember saying alone." He reminded me.

Sammy chuckled and said, "As if I was ever going to leave her alone with someone like you."

"Mahi, do you really consider this controlling being here your best friend?" I didn't say anything and stood there silently.

"He never lets you date, does he?"

Soon the memories I wanted to forget came to me and I found myself hyperventilating.

"Our relationship is no matter of your concern." Sammy spat angry.

"I am not interested either. I don't want to spend my precious time tutoring someone as dumb as her and I have more important things to do." He said and walked out of the library without looking at me.

I am glad he did because I don't think I would be able to breathe if he stayed for one more second.

"Motu, hey hey. Relax. Calm down." Sammy said and brought my close figure to his chest rubbing circles on my back in an attempt to calm me down. Once my breathing went normal, he released me and kissed my forehead.

On our way to our next class, we bumped into Dean, Ed and Seb, and started chatting with them.

"Michael is throwing a party tonight, you have to come with us." Seb told Sammy.

"Sorry bro. Not this time. I already made plans with Motu for tonight." Sammy replied with a fake disappointing look.

"You don't need to make plans. You guys are always together." He mumbled under his breath but I managed to hear that.

We talked casually for a while.

I was thinking about how drastically my life has changed. In a good way of course.

I was truly happy that I finally got my family and my best friend back.

I thanked my life for everything and then suddenly I glanced at the person who was walking with me with a smirk. At that very moment I knew that I was going to lose everything and everyone again. Everything shattered in front of my eyes and I just wanted to run away, at least from Sammy.

If they find out about this, I'll lose my family, I'll lose Sammy, I'll lose everything.

Author's note

This is the first time I have updated in the last 4 months and I don't think I have a right explanation for it. But life has been tough. But I just couldn't abandon this story and you guys. Thanks for all the support guys.