25. This room

Sammy

After our 'talk' I sent Motu to take a nap as she was looking very tired, leaving me and Dean in a awkward silence. I wanted to leave the place but at the same point I can't leave without apologising. " Please forgive me Dean, for whatever I did and said. I won't say that I didn't mean it cause I did but only because I was unaware of the whole situation. It was very wrong of me to judge you. I am sorry."

" Oh no no Sam. It's fine. Btw thank you for being with Mahi. I had always wondered what was her life like. But the mere thought that you were with her, puts me to ease. " I really felt guilty for two reasons. One - I blamed this guy. And two- because I wasn't able to protect Motu. Me being with her never protected her from her father.

But I was glad that we sorted our differences out and were back to being the great friends we were. We talked for a while and had a coffee. Ed was back by then too. I was about to leave so I decided to check on Motu. Ed and Dean accompanied me. I started hearing screaming and cries as soon as we reached upstairs. They were coming from Motu's room. We all rushed to her room. She was lying on her bed all restless, covered in sweat and constantly screaming. It was clear that she was having a nightmare. I have seen many of her but none were this bad.

" She's having a nightmare again. " Ed said. " She had one before? " Dean was shocked.

" For fucks sake, she stopped having them years ago. " I muttered to myself.

We worked so hard for her peaceful nights and here she is having them again. I sat on her bed and made her lie her head on my lap. " Wake up Motu. You are here with us. You are safe. No one will hurt you. " I said every assuring things but none helped.

" No no.. please don't. Ahhh.... Stop.. " she screamed and I couldn't think of anything else so I grabbed the nearby glass of water and sprinkled some drops on her harshly which were enough to wake her up.

" No. " She shrieked while sitting in her bed. I hugged her quickly rubbing circles on her back while whispering soothing words in her ear. I managed to make her sleep again and it took hell lot of efforts.

According to me, her nightmares could be because of 3 possible reasons:-

1. Because of the revelation today, but Ed said she had one before so.

2. I still don't know what happened to her in the 13 months I was away from her. But I managed to decude that whatever that happened wasn't very pleasant judging from change of behaviour. And

3. This room.

" You knew she's been going through this and you thought that it wasn't important to tell us about this huh? " Dean asked Ed angrily once we were sure she was asleep and out of her room.

" I learnt about this like about two nights ago and I wanted to tell you about that but didn't find an appropriate time. " Ed said in his defence.

" But why is she even having them. What do you think? " Dean asked me. I said keeping in mind that I can't let them know much about Motu's past, "I think it's because of her room. She is afraid of big rooms. "

I wasn't lying, it's called hiding the truth.

" She said her room was scary that day. But I didn't get that what is so scary of her room. " Ed said.

" Nothing particular in that room. Just it's size. She is scared of big rooms. "

" Why?"

" What can you expect from someone who has lived her whole life in a closet size room."

" What!? "

Okay. I didn't wanted to reveal this much.

" I mean your father suffered loss in business after you left so they shifted to a small rented apartment and she had a super small room in it and since then she is scared of big rooms. I discovered that when she couldn't sleep in my room. "

" What?! She has lived all her life in poverty! Please tell me more about her. What was her lifestyle like? Did she had enough facilities? Please Sam It's hurts me to be unaware of my sister's life. " Dean pleaded.

I guess I already revealed more than I should so I decided that I'll tell them everything about her lifestyle and leave her father's part.

" I am not sure if I should tell you this or not but I will cause I want you to be aware of it. And don't feel guilty about any of these as you were unaware of it. I learnt about her house and her financial condition when we were 10. Me and my parents tried to help her financially but she never agreed. But Ma still paid for her school fees and other school related stuff till 14 as she got full scholarship for highschool after that. Once she was 14, she started doing every part time job she could. She has done dishwashing, delivery and also worked at my cousin's cafe. She used to eat there only. She used to work everyday let it be school days, weekends or breaks. But she was happy and cheerful in all times. "

Both of them felt guilty about it but I assured them that it was fine and she had her life in control. I told them more about Motu's school life and our friendship.

I didn't want to leave Motu alone, not after witnessing her nightmares nor Ed and Dean.

So this is how I landed myself on the mattress besides Motu's bed with Dean and Ed on both of my sides.