21. Her father

Mahi's POV

" The man who made her life a living hell... Her father."

No no no.... This can't be happening. They can't know at any cost. Before my brothers could ask further or before Sam could reveal more, I pulled Sam towards the stairs. " Please excuse us. It's really urgent. "

I pushed him inside the room locking the door behind him. " What are you trying to do Motu? "

" Really Sam? Are you seriously asking me that? " I know that Sam cares for me for real and is angry with my brothers for leaving me but this doesn't give him the right to reveal my past. I never even wanted Sam to find out about Dad let alone my brothers.

" Why did you stop me? They should know  what you had to suffer because of them. They don't deserve to live a happy life after what you had gone through because of them. "

"Sam, sit down and listen to me. Firstly they do deserve a happy life and I will do whatever I can to make that happen. And secondly Dean and Ed were 7 and 8 only when they left home and furthermore dad started abusing me a year after they left home. How can you blame them when they don't even know what I have been going through?" He paused for a minute. He knew he acted on impulse down there and was most probably guilty about it.

He generally is very calm and understands the situation before saying something but no one when it relates me. " But they left you, Mahi. You wouldn't have to go through all of that if they never left you. "

" Really Sam. You are saying that? You know that man was invincible. You, me and your parents used all our power to get him arrested still he got out in a day. What do you think would have happened if my brothers never left me huh? Tell me could they have been capable to take any action against him huh? No Sam. My father beat the crap out of me for my whole life and if my brothers choose to be with me, he would have done the same with them. "

" How are you so positive about everything? Any other person would have blamed them for their miseries."

" They are giving me a place to stay. They are letting me eat without restrictions. They don't want me to work day and night so that they can spend my my money on alcohol. What more can I expect from my half-brothers when my real father had done the worst with me. "

" Okay. If you don't want them to find about your past, then I won't tell them but you have to tell me everything. " I just nodded my head. I don't know if I would able to reveal about last year even to Sam.

We planned a fake story to tell them. We went out to see Ed and Dean curiously waiting for us to tell them. I laughed lightly. " Crazy Sam. You must know that he is very dramatic. He was angry with you guys because you left me and I never had a family. " Ed asked about what her meant by dad and hell as expected and I replied with the biggest lie ever, "He was always busy with his work and wasn't able to spend time with me- " I wish this was true. " -so I used to get lonely and Sam wanted to say that it would have been great if you were there too but his choice of words were too dramatic."

As expected this wasn't going to end this soon as they started asking about the year I was away. Obviously I saw that coming as now I know everyone saying 'his lost friend' were referring to me. So I came up with another story. "We had to move because dad transferred and I lost contact with Sam. And he thought I was lost. "

I know my story was way too unbelievable and it didn't convince anyone but I was glad they let it go. But for know we have to deal with Alex.

The meeting with Alex went suprisingly well. He was angry when we reach home but when we explained everything he was happy that I met Sam. Ed asked me if I was okay to be by myself and I told him everything was fine.

And here I am now laying on my bed thinking about how well this long day went. When I woke up today, I never expected my day to go this well. I nearly dodged my past being revealed to my brothers. Alex wasn't angry and God I spoke so much today without fearing anyone. Only because I had Sam with me. Having him by my side gives me assurance that I am safe. And after a long time I slept without worrying about anything.

I woke up at 5 to see sweat covering my face. Looks like I had a nightmare but I don't remember anything. I slept for 7 hrs. Wow. Now that's new. After a long time I was looking forward to my day as I knew I was going to meet my best friend today. I dressed up like I usually do and went down early than usual. I was in a happy mood today so I decided on making some nice breakfast. I wanted to make something spicy but decided on pancakes and leave spicy food for dinner. Soon the aroma filled the kitchen.

Ed came into the kitchen and said, " Wish I could wake to this aroma daily. " I laughed lightly and said, " You can tell me what you like and I'll make it for you, okay? " He smiled genuinely at me and I saw Dean and Alex.

" I hope you made a lot, cause I don't think I'll stop soon. " I just smiled at him. I know my brothers eat a lot so I already made enough for them. I saw Alex coming towards the counter to make himself coffee but I told him that I'll make it for him. I don't like coffee but I know how to make a nice one. Perks of working at Cafe.

" It's super duper yummy. " Dean said taking the first bite and I was glad he liked it.

" Who taught you to cook this well? " "Umm... Sam's mom... Her food is literally to die for. I always went there whenever I felt like having nice food. I had always admired her cooking skills. Once I asked her if she'll teach me to cook and she yes and that's it. " I finished and saw smiles on all of their faces.

" Has Sam always been with you? " Ed asked taking another bite. " Not always, we met 2 years after you guys left. He was new in my school. We became friends and yeah since then we have been together in all times till he come here. "

What is going on Mahi? Why are you speaking so much when you could have answered in a single word? And why are smiling so much? Are you high or what?

" Let's go. " Ed said when he was finished with his pancakes. Alex hugged me and whispered, " Glad to see you smiling again." For the first time in a while I was excited for something.

For going to school.

For meeting Sammy.

_____________________________________

Author's note-

I know this chapter is kinda boring and not up to the mark. So I apologise to all of you. But I promise you that the next few chapters would be very interesting and full of drama. Many things will UNRAVEL soon.