part three | varsity cheerleaders did nothing wrong

~*~

My first period is P.E. Tenya just so happens to be the teacher's aid for my class (how lucky that he has two teacher's aid periods.)

He rarely if ever comes out to the field and actually helps our P.E teacher. He mostly uses the time to stay home and sleep, or sit on the bleachers on his phone. It's the only time you'll ever catch Tenya Iida looking lazy.

But today was a rare day because Tenya showed up to the field. Not only did he show up, but he came in running attire. I feel like I'm going to explode with joy seeing him run especially in his shorts that are bordering on the dress code. They look like something out of a "bad 80's trends" video. They're that short.

He doesn't pay much mind to us on the field, but instead, he starts running laps on the track. One right after the other. I start counting. Four, five, six, seven. He's running them, full sprinting. I can't help but wonder why? Some sort of football exercise?

He stops at 16 laps, or four miles, all under an hour. I watch as he reaches to the sky and lets out a long, solid breath. I wonder how his legs feel, how his pulse must be pumping a steady, hard beat right now.

He leaves the field, smiling and waving at random attractive girls. He stops and speaks to Momo Yaoyorozu, which most would expect. She's a varsity cheerleader, despite her being a Freshman. Sometimes when I walk the halls, I hear people whisper things like, "I heard that Momo let the football team run a train on her, that's how she made the varsity squad," or "she's such a slut," and of course, "Momo is so hot, I'd love too..."

You get the point. The things eighteen-year-old men say about fourteen-year-old girls is disgusting.

I honestly don't believe anything anyone says. She's too nice, too young. I've never seen her venture outside of her friend group, and I'm always paying attention to everyone too much. Girls who are hardworking and kind like her aren't whores. It's not her fault she's beautiful.

Tenya has a long conversation with her. He's slightly touchy, and I pay close attention to the way his big hand moves from her shoulder all the way to her elbow, lingering just a bit too long. But, just as soon as I'm suspecting something, he stops and disappears off the field.

P.E ends just as slowly as it began. Then I'm off to Life Essentials. Mr. Wilbert is my favorite teacher because in the fall semester he offers Journalism, which I take every single year. It's the only thing I'm involved with at school, and the only thing I'll go out of my way to help with. I secretly adore running the newspaper. In the spring term, he offers an auto shop class and Life Essentials. His classroom is at the top of the Fine Arts Hall, to the left.

After that class, then I have French, which I often skip, but, today I stay in. Uraraka and Midoriya are in my class. It's funny how rumors fly about every single person but them, however, the most scandalous things I've ever seen featured them.

One time I saw Midoriya with at least a pound of weed in his bag after school. Another time I saw Uraraka shove her hands into Midoriya's pants during French, (which yes, I mentioned earlier but still! How did someone not catch her jacking him off?) One time I watched them skip fourth period, run to the math hall bathrooms, and leave twenty minutes later looking like a mess.

I guess no one really thinks they'd be scandalous. They're both so sweet and innocent and kind and hardworking. Not to mention, they're invisible until they're standing with Tenya Iida and Shoto Todoroki. So nothing's ever said about them. They don't particularly deserve it, anyways.

French is dull. I miss when my school offered ASL. My hearing has gotten really bad the past few years, and my doctor says I'll probably go deaf soon. I needed ASL, and I used to genuinely participate. I suppose I just don't see a point in French. When am I going to need it? 

We switched seats in French, and now I sit by Mineta. He's so fucking gross, he sells girls nudes, and that's not a rumor. That's just a fact. Also, he's about 4'11 with an attitude that 6'5. So that's how French goes pretty bad for me.

Now onto lunch, where Mina is gone again, so Kami, Sero, and I are subjected to the cafeteria. It could be worse, I suppose. I'm sure we won't be seeing Mina at school again because of the whole baby thing. It's been about a week since she told me, and it could be a whole lot worse for her. The good thing is the more that I talk to her the more comfortable she is with it and the better attitude she gets. She'll say things like "Hey! At least I get a head start on what I always wanted!" or "Me and Kiri will be good parents, regardless!"Kirishima is taking it well, too. I wish I had a boyfriend like Kirishima. I wish I had a boyfriend at all. 

At lunch, I sit down alone at first. Sero and Kami are all the way across the campus, so they always take a moment to get to the cafeteria. As I'm playing on my phone waiting, I feel the presence of someone next to me and I look up. 

"Hey," Tenya says from across of me.

I blink a few times before finally replying, "Hello."

He's silent, smiling. "How are you?" 

I furrow my eyebrows. "I-is this some sort of prank?"

Tenya chuckles and shakes his head. "Not at all. Seriously, how are you?"

"Fine, and you?"

He nods. "Good. Hey um, if you want, I'm going to lunch. I'm actually going to drive if you wanna come with me."

I look at him. "Are you crazy?" I ask. "You don't even know me."

"That's the point, I'm trying to get to know you." 

When I don't reply, then he gets up. "Well, suit yourself." He leans in, almost too close to my ear. "I know about," he backtracks himself. "Let's just say I know you'd wish to be in my car for more than one reason." 

And just like that. I wish I could've responded better than just being silent. And what, you would indulge me?  It would've been a stunning reply. However, he's gone and Kami and Sero quickly replace him. 

"- and then out of no where she kissed me. It was the greatest date of my entire life!" Kami says.

Sero nods. "And that was it?" 

"That was it."

I smile as they sit down. "So you had a good night I assume?"

Kaminari sighed happily. "The best."

Lunch is well spent with the two of them. The bell rings as it always does, but lunch feels so short. Breaks always go faster when you're in high school. 

Math is, well, hard to say the least. Tenya pretends that nothing happens so I suppose I have to as well. For the most part, our partner work is done in silence. The tension is thick and awful, but then class ends, and he disappears into the crowded hall.

That might have been the weirdest day ever, the good thing is that it's Friday and the weekend is here. 

~*~

A/N: hey ! sorry for the delay in this update, i had finals and christmas and all that so :))