part seven | party hard future dropouts of riverside !

~*~

Tenya really, really wants me to go to his game tonight. He says he'll be playing for me and that I should be there for when he kicks ass. I can't decide if I actually want to go or not.

He tells me to meet him by the band classroom for lunch. On the way I see the girl from yesterday, Kendo and Todoroki walking together. Kendo seems to be telling him something, and he seems to be not really listening.

As Tenya said, she's going to be heartbroken either way.

Not my business though, so I trudge on to the band room. I stand outside for a minute waiting for Tenya. Suddenly, the door swings open and a tall, young teacher stands. "Oh, you must be Katsuki. Tenya will be here in a moment, please come in!" He says.

Weird, but okay. I step inside and sit down at the table. Nervously, I check my phone. This feels like some sort of set up.

Suddenly, the man speaks up. "Where are my manners, I'm Mr. Iida, but just call me Tensei. I'm Tenya's brother," he tells me. "Tenya will be here in a minute, he's just getting my lunch from the car."

Tensei is attractive. The kind of attractive you would expect out of a musician, or a model in a sears catalog. He looks a lot like Tenya, but instead of those big eyes he has small ones. He looks older too, obviously. He doesn't sport glasses like Tenya, but otherwise he's very similar.

I look up on the wall by his desk. It is littered with photos of Tensei as a teen playing football, and pictures of him and what I can only assume is his long term partner. She's pretty. They have no kids, at least not from what I see. Tensei must be very close to Tenya's age then.

Tenya comes into the room while I'm observing. "Got your stupid lunch. Only took me eight and a half years," He grumbles and sets it down on the table I'm sitting down at. "Hey Katsuki. You meet me brother? He's an ass."

"He seems nice," I say casually.

Tensei laughs. "I like him better than Todoroki," He says before coming to sit with us.

Tenya rolls his eyes and sits next to me. "How's it going Katsuki?" He asks.

I shrug. "Same soup, just reheated."

Tenya elbows me. "No like- have you decided? Are you going or not?"

I freeze up a little. I hadn't quite decided yet. "Yeah, I'll go," I blurt out.

He smiles wide and hands me a sandwich. "Glad! You can see how good I am on the field," He smirks and winks.

Sometimes I wonder if Tenya is fucking with me.

After lunch and fourth period (which I spend with Tenya, reluctantly) I go home and debate in my head if I will actually go to the game. I want too, and I know that he will be wildly disappointed if I don't. While I mentally weigh the pros and cons, I look over some papers my dad left on my bed. He's a fashion designer for kids my age and the second I turned 13 he asked me to look over designs to see if they're in trend or whatever.

My parents are nice people, for the most part. Sometimes Mom won't get off my ass, and Dad is a little distant at times. But they love me. I can tell that I'm more of a disappointment than my older sister, but they love me the same. I mark some of the designs with X's. No one is going to buy acid wash ribbed jeans, not in this day and age.

I wonder what Tenya's parents are like. They probably have a huge white house, and his mom probably has a stiff face from Botox and wears heels around the house 24/7 and she has soft hands, ones that aren't red from scrubbing pans and bleaching the bathtub. My mom's hands are calloused from housework she's been doing since before I was born. I bet his dad looks like mine though. A tired old guy with a few wrinkles, but still good looking for his age. I bet his dad wears suits all the time. More importantly, I bet his parents treat him and his brother very kindly. Tenya probably gets praised 24/7 and his parents let him do anything. They raised him way too well. They're probably like saints.