part eight | is this what gatsby felt like everytime daisy didn't love him back?

~*~

"So did I play good on Friday?" Tenya asks me.

I nod. "Amazing," I say.

Were in his car at a McDonald's drive through. I've started hanging out with every lunch. He laughs. "I'm glad you think so."

I gulp. Why am I so nervous? This is nothing. "I'm glad you made me do it. Also can I have a sip of your drink?"

He nods. "Duh."

His car is very nice, and very clean. It's a white BMW. He has a sunshine sticker on the roof that says, "good vibes only."

I laugh every time I look at it.

Tenya gets the food and hands me the bag before parking us in a random parking lot. "Wanna skip fourth?" he asks.

I raise both my eyebrows. "Tenya Iida? Missing class? You've been hanging out with me way too much," I chuckle.

He laughs. "I'm serious! My parents are out of town, so Tensei would be getting the phone call and he won't care. We can go to my house if you'd rather do that than just be in my car."

"Sure, sounds good to me," I reply.

He mumbles a reply and starts driving. "Could you put on music please? Something upbeat."

I decide to play I love you like a love song. Simple, cute, upbeat. Tenya starts singing alone, and I think it's wildly cute. I'll never let him know that though.

We drive past the school until we pull into an upper class neighborhood. The house get progressively larger and prettier. Finally, he stops in front of a giant, white home. It's where I expect him to live at.

"This is Casa del Iida. Welcome," he says.

We get out of the car, and Iida locks it before unlocking the front door and letting me in. "Just set the food on the kitchen table, not the big dining table. No one eats there. I'm gonna change. Also don't mind the dog, hes friendly I promise. Just tell him he's beautiful, he'll get over himself," he tells me before running off upstairs, probably to his room.

I do what he says, put the food on the kitchen table. I have an encounter with the dog, who is a big, fluffy white husky. I tell him he is beautiful and pet him. He stops barking.

"Why can Mom never put my clothes on my bed, oh my god!" Tenya shouts as he walks by me. All he's wearing is a pair of black Calvin Klein's. He's ripped beyond comprehension, it's ridiculous.

I watch him pull a bunch of clothes out of the dryer and walks by me again. "Don't stare at my ass too hard," he says, joking obviously. I don't follow his request.

He comes back a few minutes later in red Adidas sweats and a white tank. Cute. He sits across from me and sighs. "I don't know how many times I've told her to just put them on my fucking bed oh my god." He seems genuinely upset.

I had him his Big Mac and mumble, "Sorry about all that."

He shrugs and bites into it. "No biggie," He mumbles. "Let's play GTA after we eat." I laugh. "What?" He asks, smiling.

"Nothing it's just-" I sigh, still half laughing. "You're the straightest gay guy I've ever met."

He looks down. "Well y'know, as far as everyone else knows," His voice flutters out.

Shit, bad thing to say. "Hey, I get it. It's okay. Don't worry about being 'straight'. All you gotta be is yourself," I tell him.

"Yeah I know," He says.

I look down at my food and back to him. "We can definitely play GTA after we eat dude."

I smiles again. "Sounds good."

We keep eating, sharing fries and jokes. He even gives me a sip of soda like he promised. At one point he turns on music from the stereo on one of the counters. His playlist is wildly good. And when we finally finish our food, he takes us up to his room.

He has a big room, with a king size bed and a desk and a TV too. He turns on music again, and turns his TV on. When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls plays. He sits down with me and hands me a control.

We roam around together and steal a helicopter. We save a prostitute at one point, kill a cop, and steal drugs too. GTA is a great game, isn't it? An hour passes before Tenya pauses and falls back on his bed, tired.

I decide to lay down next to him. "I'm really glad we're friends, yknow?" He says.

He looks over to me, and I stare back. He's taken his glasses off by this point. "Me too."

His smile is small, but it's real. "I feel real with you. Todoroki and Deku and Uraraka are cool and everything but, I don't know. I feel like I'm living double lives sometimes," he explains.

I gulp. "You're definitely not like my other friends," I tell him. "Honestly, it's a good different. You're more mature."

Off to The Races by Lana Del Rey blares through his speakers.

"Bakugou?" He says softly.

"Yeah?"

He sets a hand on my cheek, and pulls me into him. His kiss feels like nothing I've ever felt before. It's smooth.

Light of my life, fire in my loins

I kiss him back twice as hard, enjoying every second of the moment. When he pulls off, he looks into my eyes, and then back to my lips, and kisses me a second time. I could stay here, frozen in this moment.

But he pulls off and looks at my breathlessly. He opens his mouth like hes going to say something, but he doesn't. I don't have anything to say either.

We stare at each other for a long time, and then finally Tenya says, "This is certainly more entertaining than fourth period."

I laugh and roll over onto my back. "It's way more entertaining than any math class," I tell him before sitting more up straight, leaning on my elbows for support.

He crawls on top of me and looks down at my lips. "I'd sure hope you enjoy this more than the quadratic formula," he mumbles, reaching for the back of my neck. He's so close to me and can feel his hot breath. I brush the hair from his forehead back so I can see his face closer. I wrap a leg around his waist and pull him closer to me, but not close enough that we're touching. Just close enough that there's tension.

He leans in and kisses me again, this time adding tongue. I wonder who taught him to kiss like this. Our bodies finally touch, and I have to resist to grind against him. I've wanted this so bad, despite how much I've been shoving it to the back of my head. He moves against my waist, trying to get friction.

Before we go further though, he pulls off from me. "I- I don't wanna do more," he says.

I smile. "We don't have to. If you want you can control the reins," I tell him.

He nods, realizes the position were in, and moves away- still close, just not kissing close. He sits criss-cross applesauce and looks down at his hands. I chuckle and sit up completely. I think I'm taking this better than him.

He coughs, "So um. I- yeah," he mumbles.

"What are you feeling?" I can't help but ask.

He shrugs. "It was nice, I mean, I've been wanting to do that. I just- I uh. Do you wanna go home?"

I furrow my eyebrows. He's obviously uncomfortable, or confused, or both. "Only if you want me to."

Tenya nods and meets my eyes finally. "I need to think, I think. Well I know I do but I don-"

"Don't worry about it."

He nods. After a few seconds, he drives me all the way back to my house. I wave goodbye, go into my room, and scream into my pillow.

~*~