seventeen | and with your great arrival the shade will turn to red

~*~

When I say that Tenya turned the car around like a character in a Fast and Furious movie, I mean he really did. We were heading to the mall when I got a call from Mina. As quick as she could spit it out, she yelled, "I'm having a baby, get over here!"

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Tenya asks as we speed down the highway to the hospital.

"A boy."

 "What's his name?"

I shrug. "They won't tell me. It's a surprise. Also you're welcome to come inside with me, they won't care."

He nods. "Okay, I will." The hospital is down the next exit of which he pulls off onto. "Their baby will be so cute," he says. 

"Oh for sure," I chuckle.

When we finally arrive, Tenya hastily pulls into a parking spot and we rush to the front door. I turn to the receptionist desk, but Tenya puts his hand in front of me. "Where's Kaminari?" he asks.

I shrug. "Probably already up there with her."

He shoots back a hum in agreement and I come to the front desk. "Hi, I'm here for my friend Mina Ashido? She's having a baby."

The woman raises an eyebrow. "You're a family friend?" she asks.

I nod. "Yes. Me and my boyfriend."

I watch as she types in a number and holds her phone to her ear. Her and the person across the line exchange some words, before she finally hangs up and turns to me. "Alright, she's on the second floor, room 43-A. Wish her my congratulations."

I take Tenya's hand. "I will." We walk to the elevator and wait patiently until we can find her room. "Do I knock?" Tenya nods and so I do, waiting for a response.

It is surprisingly quiet until Kirishima opens the door. "Hey guys," he whispers. He looks like he just got finished crying. "Come inside."

The room is quiet, and inside is Kaminari, Jirou, and Mina's mother. The room is almost cramped, but somehow I don't mind. Mina lays on the hospital bed, with a small white bundle pressed to her chest. Her smile is soft as she stares down at her child. "Hi Katsuki. Hi Tenya," she speaks. "Now that we're all here, I can tell you his name."

Kirishima smiles. "His name his Hanta Sero Kirishima. After our dear friend Sero, of course."

Kaminari immediately starts crying, and Mina lets out a small laugh. "Do you want to hold him?" she asks.

Kami nods and moves forward to pick up the small baby. Gently, he wraps his arms around the bundle. "Hi Hanta," he warmly mumbles. "Hi!" he wiggles his finger in front of the newborns face. He soon hands Hanta back to Mina as he says, "I cannot wait to babysit him. He is such a cute little baby."

Mina laughs. "Isn't he?"

Tenya squeezes my hand and I pipe up. "I'm so happy for you guys," I say out loud.

Kirishima can't wipe the smile from his face as he says, "Thank you."

We spend another hour all gathered together before Mina and Kirishima decide it's time to be alone. Tenya musters up the courage to speak to Kirishima. "Congratulations," he simply says.

Kiri smiles. "Thanks man."

When we leave the room, Kaminari walks out with me and immediately gets emotional. "I can't believe they named him Hanta. Sero would have melted."

I nod in agreement. "He would have been ecstatic to see Mina and Kirishima with their cute little baby."

Jirou has her hands in her pockets. "Almost makes me want a baby." Kaminari gives her an excited look. "I said almost you perv."

"Aw." Kaminari frowns. 

I laugh. "Tenya, do you want a baby?"

"God no," He replies. "At least not now. Give me ten years and maybe I'll change my mind."

Our laughter echos through the building. By the time Tenya and I get in the car, the mall has already closed. "Dammit," I mumble. "I really needed to get some new jeans."

"We can go tomorrow."

I shrug. "Yeah but you'll have to pick me up again and all that."

"I could stay at your place? It's been a while since we've slept together over night."

Once it clicked in my mind what he meant I made an 'ah' sound and smirked. "Someone's missing me," I mused.

He rolls his eyes. "Like you don't miss me," he snaps back.

"Oh I miss you. Just not as much as you miss me, you feel?" I joke with him.

He slows down the car. "Okay then. We can just cruise along all the way back to your house," he says. We're barley going above the speed limit when usually Tenya uses his car to its full ability.

I lean over and slap his chest. "Oh come on, just drive home."

"Oh no, is someone suddenly missing me?" he teases.

I groan. "Tenya I swear to god I'm going to push you out that door and drive this thing home myself and you can run back."

Once again, he rolls his eyes. "You're a bottom who can't drive."

"Hey!" I shout. "That's too far. You know how I feel about being a bottom who can't drive," I huff across the seat.

"C'mon you know I'm playing," he tells me. When he don't reply he sighs. "I'm sorry Katsuki. I won't do it again. Let's go home, yeah?" he begins speeding up again.

I turn back to him. "Thank you, you're a big sweetie."

He winks. "Only for you, of course." I turn on the radio and play music off my phone. "Todoroki broke up with Kendo. He's moving, too, so I guess he'll never get to tell Momo how he feels," Tenya tells me.

"No way, really?"

He nods and begins telling about Todoroki's adventures moving across the country for college. By the time hes recited everything important, we are back at my place. We stop by the kitchen for snacks, where Tenya gives my mother a large hug and asks her about her day. They have a connection in a way I can't explain. Almost like the way Mom used to talk to Mykiah when she lived with us, but its a little different.

My mother knows. I have never told her, and Tenya has never told her; but she knows.

Between the love Tenya and I share and the way that Tenya is keeping everything a secret and the abuse. She already knows. Her voice is extra caring and sweet when it's for him, and she has essentially already excepted him as her second son.

We retreat upstairs. I lay out a blanket on my floor and turn on the TV. "Mortal Combat?" I ask, already handing him a controller.

"Of course."

~*~

do you guys like these frequent updates? i have this story finished so i can post anytime ^_^ lemme know :))