part six | swiss cheese and roast beef with light mayo

~*~

Tenya Iida has a strange idea of what is appropriate to snap me and 4 am.

No, don't get your thoughts going- it wasn't that. It's just that he sent me streaks at 11 pm, and when I didn't even open it he double snapped me photos of his cats. He even said- and I quote- "pls send streaks back we are friends now :(("

For someone who is at the top of the social ladder, he seems so desperate for attention. Doesn't he have four hundred football buddies to text? Maybe a cheerleader to- never mind. I keep forgetting that part.

While I mull over these thoughts in Life Essentials, it hits me. Right when I'm finished typing out my fake resume on how much of a hard worker I am, it hits me. What Tenya said yesterday about how no one would understand.

Great. Now I'm supposed to be some closet-cases gay therapist? Not my job as far as I'm concerned.

I send him streaks back though and hope that it will satisfy him for the day. However, he takes this as an acceptance of friendship and proceeds to snap me all day. So I snap him back- just to be nice.

When lunch approaches, Tenya asks to meet him at the Library to hang out. I say yes, but only because Kaminari is going out with Jirou and Sero is sick.

I miss when Mina still went to school. I miss when we first met and smoked in Kami's dad's RV so we wouldn't get caught.

I think I've been a little too sad lately.

I stay in the library at lunch and read over my paper for the millionth time. My resume isn't all that strong, just a couple of good refernces and minor babysitting expierence.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a chair being pulled out next to me. "Hey," Tenya speaks in a whisper.

"Hey," I reply.

His smile is infectious as he pulls out a blue lunch box. "Are you gonna eat?" he asks.

I only shake my head.

He holds out a sandwich from his lunchbox. "Here eat mine. Tensei packs me two because I workout so much I need the calories but you can have one. You need it."

I decide to take the sandwich and look through it. "Oh it's swiss and roast beef. That's my favorite."

He smiles wide. "It's my favorite too!"

My heart melts from his smile- but I shove it back in the freezer. "That's crazy, thank you," I tell him.

We eat in silence for a moment. He takes large bites and chews slowly like an old person. And he likes to look around while he eats- probably because of the awkward atmosphere.

I cough and put my sandwich down. "Do you think you guys are going to win section champs this year?" I ask. Today Mister Wilbert brought it up in class and I thought the best solution was to ask Iida- the star player.

He shrugs. "If Ojirou gets it together on offense, yes. I mean were doing great so far, Todoroki is a really strong linebacker and I'm impressed with his improvement this year. And I've been doing good as a quarter-backer this year. Let's pray we win. We need it."

I nod. "I hope you do good," I say.

"Will you be there for when we win?" He asks. 

Here's the thing: I've never been to a football game. Once, I showed up to take pictures of the cheerleaders after a homecoming scandal freshman year. I didn't write the article- an older student did and I just had to complete the busy work.