part eleven | when you watched that movie with adam driver

~*~

I wake up alone the next morning. This scares me, simply because I barley remember the layout of Tenya's home. Oh fuck- are his parents home?

I stumble out of bed and throw on the nearest clothing items- which happen to be both Tenya' jeans and Nasa hoodie. I wonder what Tenya wants to be when he gets older. I'm sure Tenya Iida wants to be a NFL Football player. What does he really want?

As I come downstairs, I see Tenya cooking. His family is no where in sight, so I feel relieved. However, he sways his hips to the music he's playing. "Hey," I remark.

Tenya's head snaps up from the pan, and he stares at me straight on, like a deer in headlights. "Hello," he finally responds after a moment of embarrassing silence. 

I laugh at him and sit down at the table nearest to the kitchen. "How are you?" I ask

He outstretches his arms. "I just had sex, and now I'm going to have pancakes for breakfast. Might be the best day of my life," he tells me. He looks proud and comfortable, he is my Tenya. "I like your hair, by the way."

I smile. "Thanks." He is quick to run his hand through the thin strands on my head. "It's dead, I know," I tell him, but he just shrugs and goes back to cooking. As I watch him flip pancakes, my mind wanders to the things I will have to do when I leave his home. I make a mental list to call Mickey and Mina, wash clothes for school, do my French homework, and clean my room.

"You can take a shower while I finish breakfast," he says. "My parents are out again- business trip. Also I washed your clothes. They're in the dryer."

"Ill take you up on that," I reply before getting up and wandering to the bathroom. His family are the kind of rich white people that have a minimalist beach themed bathroom; they have a blue shower curtain and a couple of seashells on the walls.

The shower itself is nice as I wash of the remnants of last nice off. Tenya has left small hickeys on my neck that won't go away for a while, and the water still runs black because of my hair- but otherwise I am content.

I get out quickly, change and grab the breakfast Tenya has made for me. "Do you want a ride home?" He asks.

I nod. "That would be great," I say. "Also you make great pancakes."

He smiles. "Thank you!"

~*~

Mina has started showing. Her bump sticks out a few inches from her, and it is round. "I'm starting to feel flutters, like maybe they're kicking," she tells me.

I smile. "How is Kirishima taking it?"

"Really well, he's super excited." She jerks the steering wheel right, towards her apartment. "How's Football Prince?" she asks.

"Tenya's fine. He asked me to be his boyfriend and I said yes," I explain.

She furrows her eyebrows. "You don't think it's some ploy to out you?"

I shake my head. "Nope. Trust me." I don't detail what we've already done, because Mina will have a million questions that I haven't even solved for myself.

I glance over to Mina, and observe. Her hair has gotten long, but shes re-dyed it pink. She looks relaxed nowadays, wearing clothes she wouldn't otherwise, letting her nails be short, not wearing makeup. On her inner forearm, she has a tattoo of a hand holding a playing card, with "old wounds" underneath it. Usually, it's covered up- either by a long sleeve or makeup. But, she leaves it out more often.

"Kamanri and Jirou got back together," she mentions.

"Of course they did," I reply.

Her laugh is strong. "Right? I knew they would. He thought it was the end of the world."

I stare out the window. "Jirou seems fun," I say. "She fits Kami too."

Mina nods in agreement. "Totally. She's like a more fun, hotter, better smelling version of him!"

I chuckle. "Kami probably should invest in more showers."

"Or less smoke sessions with Sero."

She's right- Sero smokes a lot, and it always clings to his clothes. However, he is more of an expert at getting the smell out of the house and clothing than Kami is.

Mina parks her car in the apartment complex's lot and sighs. "Can you grab a couple of bags? It's starting to wear on my back to pick up a bunch of heavy things."

"Course," I reply. Just before, we had gone shopping for groceries. I grab the heaviest bags from the back of the car and take them all the way up to the apartment.

When I open the door, Kirishima is sitting at the diner table eating a sandwhich. "Hey Bakubro! How's it hanging!"

I smile and set the groceries down. "Nothing much, just shopping with Mina. What about you?"

He shrugs. "Work work work. Getting my GED and working all the time. It's not easy at all," he tells me.

"You can do it!" I tell him. "Excited?" I ask.

He nods and swallows his bite of food quickly. "Yeah. Have you seen the bump? I'm really gonna be a dad!" he exclaims. His excitement relieves me.

Mina comes up the stairs moments later. "Hey baby, lunch break?"

Kirishima nods. "Yep. In fact I gotta go about now," he tells her. When he stands up, Mina is by his side, like she's waiting. Kirishima leans down and kiss her, says "I love you," and is on his way.

I hope one day Tenya will kiss me like that, with his guard down. I know he will never kiss me or be intimate while we are at school, and he will constantly watch his back when we are in town. He's already told me we have to just be friends around his parents. I want to be his all the time, not when the doors are closed and the curtains are pulled. I want to be his like Mina is Kirishima's.

Mina pushes these thoughts away by asking me to help put stuff away. I listen to her ramble about dinner and such things.

~*~