Chapter 1 - When Deca Met Scarlet: Potatoes vs. Carrots

Deca’s POV

 Oh my god, I can’t believe that I made it here to Salt Lake City, Utah USA for my all-time favorite British boy band One Direction. I have waited for two years for this concert, yes two years because once the tickets went on sale, the concert sold out in just minutes. New record I think. Anyways, my name is Deca Renalie Kensington, and I flew in yesterday since I had the money at the time to fly, room, and concert.

I hate flights, I'm not a flyer, I get motion sickness, and it sucks royally, but was it worth it, to see those five faces I had been pining over for two years, let me think. Hell Yeah! All I need to do now is check into the hotel my brother booked for me and then 1D here I come. I just hope I get to meet them, I remembered watching a YouTube video where the girl just had to shake Zayn’s hand at one of the M & G's and she fainted. Dear god, if you hear this, let me keep my dignity and not make a complete and totally fool of myself. Amen. I glanced at my watch, it read 10:30 a.m. the concert was in a couple of hours, but with directioners, you had to come prepared, and be there early. I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

I was just there waiting for some other fans show up early, and I saw this girl with a rolling backpack heading toward me, us other directioners, and she was beaming and moving her mouth to words, then I noticed that she was listening to her iPod because her ears were covered with a headset. She was dressed for the show that's for sure, but she wasn't screaming 1D, but she had a striped shirt on, blue jeans, it was a little chilly so she was wearing a jacket, and her white shoes, and I chuckled, no socks. Yep, she's 1D fan.

What could it hurt; maybe I could work on my social skills and not be awkward. Her outfit was totally 'tommo' inspired, I glanced down at my red plaid shirt, black skinny jeans which was half hidden to my beige coat .My foot was encased in black boots . I tugged on my various 1D hand bans that covered my right hand, everything to I <3 Daddy Direction, I <3 the Curls, I <3 Vain Zayn ,I <3 the Sass Master and I <3 the Irish, yep these custom made for my sixteenth birthday courtesy of my mother. I tightened my hand on my backpack, everything from carrots to a book on cats were stored in it. I would give these things to the boys when I had the courage not to swoon and scream in their face, hopefully I would hold it in. I walked over to her slowly; I tapped her on her shoulder. Hopefully she wouldn't think I was weird. I mean I had 4 pounds of carrots in my bag alone. Don't judge me.

She jumps a little and turns around and saw me, “Oh sorry,” she said taking her headphones off. “Hi, I’m Scarlet,” she said holding her hand out to shake it.

''Hi, I'm Dec, full name Deca,'' shaking her hand. “I go by Scar.” She smiled, "Nice shirt."

‘‘So...'' we both stand there, hands in pockets, looking awkward.

"Is this your first concert or have to see them billions of times like the others?” she asks.

‘‘Whose your fav 1D member, well....the one who you fancy more?''

She smiles, "I love all of them, but if I really had to pick, Harry."

''His curls are too die for....and those dimples...reminds me of Mario Lopez'' I replied.

What can I say; Saved by the Bell was an awesome show.

‘‘But my fav is Zayn'' I sigh dreamily at the thought of the Bradford bad boi.

I glance at her big bag, ‘‘I don't mean to pry but....why does your bag look so heavy..? How much 1D merchandise do you have in there?’’

‘‘You don't have to answer...I was just curious'' I say waving my arms frantically'.

She giggled, "I agree Harry's dimple does remind me of Mario... My mom loved Mario, said he was dreamy back then, and he is... but anyways... Zayn is so cool."