I

Running through the woods at full speed, wind whipped through her fur as she weaved through the trees. A chorus of snarls followed her and she sped up, racing to the clearing. There was a loud bark of command and the snarls got closer.

She panted skidding into the clearing, facing the threat behind her. Nine wolves entered the clearing, growling. They spread out slowly into a circle blocking any escape. A feral snarl ripped up her throat, making one of the wolves jump back. 

"You've gotten faster Areum, I'll give you that." A calm voice invaded her head and she turned slowly.

"I thought I told you to stay away from me Suho. I've done nothing to you or your pack." She snarled, baring her teeth at the larger wolf of the group.

He barked a laugh and leaned into a crouch. "Be that as it may, you posed a threat to us once, whats to stop you from doing it again?"

"Here's a thought," She crouched, her muzzle pulling back and her ears flattening against her skull. "Leave me alone and no one gets hurt."

"I'm afraid that wont happen." He purred

"Then come at me bitch."

The wolves all pounced at once, teeth aiming for her throat. She crouched and jumped into the air, landing on a reddish-brown wolf, her claws digging into his fur. He howled in pain and threw her off, but she rolled over and shook out her fur ready to pounce once again. She lunged and bit another in the leg, throwing him into three others.  Before she could attack again a howl broke through the noise, cutting it off quickly. At the top of the hill were seven wolves. They ran down the hill, all in a seemingly natural formation. The leader in the center, branching out with three on each side. They came to a halt a little ways away from the ten wolves who had been fighting, and her fur bristled.

"Whatever is going on here, it ends now."  

"Nobody asked you to interfere Namjoon" Suho growled

"And nobody asked you to go starting shit, yet here we are." They gray one grumbled.

Suho's muzzle pulled back over his teeth once again,and  he growled advancing on the other.  "Ill gladly start something else."

"Suho. Back down."  Namjoon barked "I will let you go, but don't be mistaken, if you ever threaten anyone in my pack again, I'll kill you myself."

Suho grumbled incoherently and motioned his pack off, running into the trees

She glanced warily at the pack that still stood on guard behind the wolf that was obviously the leader. Not wanting to be in this odd and faintly dangerous situation she made her way to the trees.

"I know you don't want to talk, but what's your name?"  Namjoon asked carefully.

She paused, her tail slowly moving from side to side, her ears twitching.

The white wolf turned her head to look back at him, her bright red eyes landing on the jet black wolf beside Namjoon. 

"It's Areum. "

                                                                                       _                

Areum stood in the mirror, staring at her reflection absently. It was the first day back to school, and she was going to a Hybrid University. Of course, she wasn't only a hybrid. Areum is what hybrids call a Shifter. Shifters had the ability to shift into their full animal form. They had the features of the animal they were, but the mind and emotions of themselves. Not only was the ability to shift rare, it was only possible with predators. 

Areum's white tipped ears twitched and she turned to the door, where her mother was standing, holding a velvet box.

"Ari, I want to give you a present." She said softly

Areum didn't immediately respond, she was lost in thought for a second longer before blinking and fully grounding. "What is it?"

Her mother opened the box and inside was a golden pin in the shape of a wolf and a panther, both mid-stride. "It was your fathers..." She murmured

"I thought dad was...still running the pack." Areum whispered

"He is, hes trying to get back to us Areum. Its just...complicated."

Areum growled, her ears flattening against her skull. "Complicated? He left his wife, his son and daughter because he thought his pack wouldn't approve of him having a panther hybrid for a wife, and having children with her? And hes fine with my brother leaving? He hasn't said a goddamn word about him vanishing and you expect me to be okay with that?"

"Ari-"

"No. Im going to school. I'll see you later." 

She stalked out the door, past her mother and left the house. She felt bad for bringing up her brother, but it was true. He had left them because he thought they'd be safer without him there, and if her father hadn't put the idea in his head, then maybe, just maybe, they could have grown up together. Her nose twitched when several familiar smells hit her nose and she bristled, her tail swishing nervously. She slowed down till seven guys walked past her, all of them wolves. They were all playing with each other, having a good time.

 They were all playing with each other, having a good time

"Hoseok what the fuck." The short one laughed

The male with dark hair and brown-grey tipped ears sighed. "I'm surrounded by idiots." He mumbled.

"Ah lighten up Yoongi." The tall one said, putting his arm around his shoulder.

"If you want to keep that arm intact Namjoon, you had better get it off of my shoulder." Yoongi growled.

Areum's ears twitched and her eyes widened. Namjoon? That was the Alphas name from the forest-

"Shit." She cursed under her breath, hitching her bag onto her shoulder and taking deep breaths. She was shaking, on the border of shifting right there on the sidewalk. The men in front of her seemed to sense her in the process of shifting and turned around,looking at her in varying amounts of curiosity. 

She silently cursed again, shaking her head quickly and sped up, walking quickly past them using her hair to hide her face. 

"Wait." Namjoons voice rang out and his hand held her shoulder. "Are you alri-" He smelled her scent, and his hand dropped. "You're...the wolf from the clearing." He whispered.

She stepped away from him shaking her head quickly. She turned and sprinted tot he school, using her wolf speed to move quickly, and she was gone in a second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who was that hyung?" Hoseok asked

"I....don't know exactly. Yoongi what did you say your sisters name was?" 

Yoongi blinked, glancing at Namjoon with an eyebrow raised. "Its Areum."

Alright here we go ya'll. Be ready for some cringy shit here.

UhHHH there MIGHT be smut, in which case i'll put a lil 💦 because it seems to be effective as far as warnings go.

~Now that I think about it i should have put this in the intro but ye I forgot.~