Karasuno

Hinata opened a decaying wooden door with a large grin. Kageyama ducked as he entered the small room.

A group of at least five looked up at him with a dumbfounded expression. They were crouched around a circular table that was in the same condition as the door and seemed to have been playing a game of cards.

"Who's this?" the tall blonde asked, adjusting his black glasses. He didn't seem to be affected by a stranger walking into their game.

"Is he safe?" the gray haired one asked with worry. The taller male with short black hair placed a hand on the concerned boy's shoulder.

"Suga, it's alright. We can trust Hinata's intuition," he said in a placid tone. Suga seemed to calm down.

"Thank you, Dai-chan." He kissed him softly on the cheek. Well, are you going to introduce yourself?"

Kageyama looked around at the expecting eyes glued onto his figure. He was never good with socializing, unlike Oikawa. "I'm Kageyama. Nice to meet you."

Everyone fell silent. Finally, the blonde spoke up. "You look like a horrible rip-off of the king."

'The previous king, you mean,' he thought.

"Don't be so rude," Suga snapped. The blonde scoffed as he turned his head away. "So sorry about Tsukishima. Anyways, I'm Sugawara, but just call me Suga." He pointed at the boy next to him. "This is Daichi. We're getting married next year."

Daichi wrapped his arm around Suga's waist with a proud smile. "Pleasure to meet you. Make yourself at home."

"Aren't you being a bit too lenient?" one with flat black hair asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well, if you say so, Daichi. I'm Ennoshita. Nice to meet you."

Kageyama nodded in the boy's direction before making eye contact with the bald guy. He glared and crossed his arms. "Tanaka."

"You're trying to be intimidating, but it's not working in the slightest," Ennoshita commented with a chuckle. Said male blushed and averted his eyes from him as everyone laughed.

"Hey, where's Yamaguchi?" Hinata piped up.

"He's working at the bookstore," Tsukishima immediately replied. Hinata made a silent "o" with his mouth before turning to Kageyama.

"He doesn't like to admit it all that often, but he likes Yamaguchi." The blonde threw a card at Hinata's face, who immediately ducked out of the projectile's way. "He's pretty defensive."

"I've noticed."

"So why did you bring him, Hinata?" Suga asked, leaning against his boyfriend. The orange-haired boy smiled.

"He feels like someone important, that's all. I'm going with my gut!" he replied with a large grin. Kageyama's face flushed. What was with this kid's intuition?

"Th-thunks. Thanks," he mumbled, looking down at the ground.

"You're trusting him?" Tsukishima scoffed, a look of disbelief on his face. Hinata threw his arm in front of the ex-king.

"Yes! Plus, he also seemed lost and fatigued. Cut him some slack, will ya?"

"Okay, break it up," Suga demanded. "Welcome to our hideout! We're called "Karasuno," and we're a gang of aspiring fighters. Please, stay as long as you'd like."

'A gang of fighters?' Kageyama's eyes lit up with excitement. He remembered his training and how much he loved it. His very first sword was from his mother, who let him play outside with it for hours on end.

"You look constipated," Hinata commented. Kageyama slapped the back of the boy's head.

"So, what's your story?" Daichi asked, separating the two with a menacing smile.

The former king seized up. He hadn't thought of a backstory! He bit his lip and wracked his brain for an answer. "I work... well I live with my mother and father... I help them with the family business which is..." everyone raised a skeptic eyebrow at his holey story. He cleared his throat, imaging that he was giving a speech to his people.

"I live with my mother and father in a single-story house in the Inner City. I humbly help out with the family business everyday, and take weekends off to practice sword techniques with my friends. Each day was calming and relaxing for me, and I enjoyed life. Then I decided to venture to the Outer City, and got lost. That's when Hinata found me wandering around."

Kageyama felt sweat drip down his neck. His family was killed in a fire by angry rioters years ago, causing him to flee the kingdom. He returned and overthrew the tyrant that had ruled. He made up his sword techniques and had no formal training. He had no friends, and everyday was a trial for him. This was the most relaxing days of his life.

Sugawara looked like he was about to burst into tears as he tackled the lying boy into a hug. "We have to get you home!" Kageyama patted him on the back, trying to inhale.

"You're suffocating him, dear," Suga's fiancee said. Kageyama saw the plain gold ring glisten in the surrounding light.

The door slammed open, and a scrawny, panting boy with a flyaway strand of hair looked up. "Sorry I'm late!"

"What kept you this time?" the blonde asked, pushing his glasses up with a teasing glance. "Another one of the bookshelves toppling on you!"

"That- that was no laughing matter! It really hurt!" he whined, marching up to the snarky boy. He took off his white gloves and shoved them into the large pocket of his baggy pants before looking up. "Who are you?"

"I'm... I'm Kageyama. May I ask who you might be?"

"Don't mind his formal language," Hinata chimed in. "It's built into his small brain."

"You barely know me!" he retorted, sending a right hook punch to Hinata's face. He dodged it easily with a grin.

"I'm Yamaguchi. Nice to meet you, I guess." Kageyama looked up from his small fight to take in the boy's features. He was scrawny and had puppy-like eyes. His clothes were too big for him, and he had a green sash wrapped around his waist to keep his pants from falling down. A brown leather bag was strapped across his body, showing his skinny body.

"You like him?" Hinata whispered, causing Kageyama to jump. "Well, Tsukishima and him are dating. Believe it or not, Snarkyshima can get pretty possessive."

"He doesn't seem like the type. And I'm not into him!"

"You'd be surprised. It leaks," he replied, playfully poking Kageyama on the cheek.

"Hang on... you said your name was Kageyama?" Yamaguchi interrupted, holding a hand out. "Like the king? One of the best warriors?"

"Yes, like the best warrior king," he repeated with a nod. Yamaguchi shuffled through his strapped bag and pulled out a small, cut-out drawing from a book and held it up next to Kageyama's face. Tsukishima leaned over, and his eyes widened.

"You're the king?"

"No! I'm just a look-alike, that's all," Kageyama lied, his defensive tone causing the meek boy to cower behind the tall blonde.

Everyone jumped when the door opened with a loud bang. A tall man with an exasperated expression had his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. "The king!" he gasped. "The king has been overthrown!"

All of Karasuno looked at Kageyama, who sighed. "Indeed. I have been... overthrown."