Morning

"I think I hear something," Hinata whispered, tugging on Kageyama's damp sleeve as he strained his ear. 

In the distance, faint yelling and wailing could be heard from the grand, outdoor training area. Someone seemed to be pleading to another person with a higher voice, who was nagging the poor beggar's ears off. 

"Is it safe to go over there?" Kageyama asked, gently nudging the smaller boy. 

"Let's go check it out! It can't be that bad... after all, we're in a heavily guarded castle."

The former king nodded silently, determination twinkling in his eyes. The two sneaked over to the training area and watched as a short, light-haired man scold a tall, lanky, silver-haired man with a sword in his hand. 

"You're not taking this seriously!" the short one yelled, his face red and a vein popping out of his forehead due to immense annoyance and stress. "If you want a chance to become part of the royal guard, you have to put in full effort!"

"But-"

"You know," the small one said, stalking closer to him and pointing the tip of the sword to the taller male's throat, "this isn't all 'fun and games.' If you mess up, you don't get a second chance."

"Okay, Yaku! I'll... do better!"

Yaku, presumably the tall one's mentor, crossed his arms with a satisfied smile. "Alright, then fight that shrimp over there." He looked over to Hinata.

Hinata flinched after being called out. "How did you know I was here?"

"I heard you coming," Yaku replied with a smirk. "I heard some louder footsteps."

"That would be me." Kageyama stepped out the shadows with a sneer across his lips. 

Yaku took a step back, wondering why he had such a sour expression on his face. "Are you- are you two guests?"

"Ha! Yaku's scared!" the trainee hollered with a grin. Yaku punched him in the stomach to shut him up. 

"Shut up, Lev. Just awhile back you were scared of the spider across the room."

"So," Hinata interjected, "am I gonna fight or what?"

"I was kidding," Yaku said with a small scoff, reaching over and raising Hinata's skinny arm. "Where's the meat on this thing? Even though Lev-" he pointed to the platinum-haired guy next to him- "is inexperienced, he would crush you in seconds."

This statement shook Hinata. He glared, yanking Yaku's sword from his side. "Just watch me win."

"Hey, I don't wanna fight a child!" Lev whined, readying his sword as the orange-head stalked menacingly towards him. 

"Stop whining," Kageyama said in a deadly calm tone. "Even though he's all skin and bones, he's special."

Yaku looked up at Kageyama with a confused look. "You look familiar."

"I'm Kageyama, former ruler of the Kitagawa Kingdom. A pleasure to meet you." Kageyama side-eyed him, but kept his attention directed towards the tension-filled dual. 

Yaku bowed his head in respect. "I'm Yaku Morisuke. Known as the 'Demon Trainer' in the palace."

Kageyama raised an eyebrow at his odd nickname. "I can somewhat see that."

Hinata carefully examined Lev's stance. Left foot behind the right and legs spread and bouncing, warming themselves up. His eyes were focused on the blade, not the body. His body was relaxed and ready to move. From the lankiness of his form, he was going to be a slow, yet heavy hitter.