True

"Mr. Ukai! Hello!" Tanaka yelled, entering the small building. Everyone filed in, with Hinata and Kageyama being the last ones inside.

The older man looked up from his book with a raised eyebrow. "Renting out?" he asked lazily, raising an eyebrow. Sugawara nodded excitedly.

Ukai looked back down at his book and put his hand out. "20 silver."

Daichi took out 20 silver and placed it in his hand. The man's hand curled around the shiny coins. "You know the drill. Don't kill each other, alright? You're good kids."

With that, everyone left. As they walked to the arena, Kageyama asked, "who was that?"

"That's Mr. Ukai! He was an amazing gladiator, but was injured during a tournament and had to quit before things got bad. Now he runs an arena."

"A... gladiator?" Kageyama asked, dumbfounded. "But I thought they fought to the death."

"No, it's a sport here! It's basically public fighting. It's amazing, but not as amazing as becoming a knight!" he explained, bouncing up and down. Kageyama smirked at his enthusiasm.

"Do you even know the knight training schedule?"

"Of course I do! It's so basic!"

"Well, maybe I'll make it harder for you."

"Wha- hey! That's not fair!" he cried, cheeks puffing out in annoyance. "You're so mean!"

"Oh, I can get meaner!" Kageyama roared.

"Shut up. All of the kingdom can hear you," Tsukishima said, shooting them a glare. Yamaguchi chuckled at his boyfriend's remark.

"How about you shut up!" Hinata yelled. Before an argument broke out, Daichi whipped his head around and glared at the angered group. Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi kept their mouths shut as they entered the large arena.

"This is going to be so much fun," Noya said, stretching out his arms and legs. Asahi walked over to the weapon rack and took a large sword down. He tested the blade with his finger before walking away to grab some leather gloves.

Kageyama walked over to the rack with Hinata in pursuit. He took a long, thin blade from its place and swung it around. "Perfect and light."

"I thought you'd fight with a heavy sword! Guess you aren't strong enough," Hinata teased. Kageyama pointed the tip of the blade up to his throat.

"You don't need strength when you have precision."

Hinata gulped as he lowered the sword. Kageyama grabbed the sword's holster and slid the blade in with ease. He looked over his shoulder to the terrified shrimp and told him, "grab your weapon. Today's judgement day."

Kageyama grabbed some leather gloves. Not as good as his black gloves from the Nekoma kingdom, but they would have to do. He looked over to see Tsukki and Yamaguchi sitting on a large wooden crate.

"Do you think Oikawa will do something to the Outer City?" Yamaguchi asked Tsukki, who was flipping his throwing knives.

"Probably not. He wouldn't care about a dump like this," he replied. "When we leave this place, let's start a book store."

"When the king's gone," Yamaguchi said, looking up at the sky as he fidgeted with a bow in his hand. "Well, let's get to training."

"Yeah. Big shot Kageyama's gonna tell us how good we are." The both snickered and left the box. Kageyama rolled his eyes. He's heard worse from people with more authority.

"Tanaka! Put Noya down!" Asahi yelled, looking frightened out of his mind. "And put your shirt back on!"

"I gain more power when my shirt's off!" he yelled with a confident grin.

"Put your shirt back on," a girl with short black hair said, walking past them with a graceful aura surrounding her fair figure. Thin, wire glasses adorned her face and accenting her beautiful almond eyes.

As Tanaka instantly put his shirt back on, Kageyama asked, "who's that?"

"That's Kiyoko. She works here," Hinata replied. "She's pretty, isn't she?"

"I wouldn't mind making her a queen," he mumbled. Hinata puffed his cheeks out.

"Enough staring! Help us!"

"Fine, fine. Don't rush me," Kageyama said, walking away from the shrimp. He approached Ennoshita and Tanaka, who were battling it out with double knives.

"You have to be more precise and quick. Stop swinging your arm," Ennoshita instructed. Tanaka threw down his weapons with a groan.

"Precise this, quick that! These things aren't for me!" he whined. "I need something bigger and flashier!"

"How about a mace?" Kageyama suggested. Tanaka whipped around and lunged at Kageyama with his weapon. The king immediately side stepped and withdrew his sword, parrying his attack. "Fast reaction."

"You scared me!" he replied with a smirk. Kageyama returned the smirk with a smile. Tanaka shivered, causing the boy to frown.

"Is something the matter?"

"Your smile is scary..."

Kageyama swiped at him with his sword, causing Tanaka to back away muttering an apology. Ennoshita patted Tanaka on the shoulder with a smile. "He's right. I think a mace would be good for you."

Tanaka grinned, happy to be praised by his friend, and headed over to the weapons to grab one. Kageyama faced Ennoshita with a slight frown.

"Did you make him choose that weapon?" he asked. Ennoshita nodded, looking over to watch Tanaka swing the mace around and knocking over a few swords.

"We do everything together. We're a mechanic duo, and help the people here for free. We really can't do anything separately," he explained. "I know, it's pathetic. Because we grew up in the Outer City, we had to stick close. Things here aren't as good as the Inner City."

Kageyama sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry that I disregarded the Outer City. I just needed some people to like me, so I aimed to make the Inner City grand and beautiful. When I reclaim the throne, there won't be an inner and Outer City. The wall will be torn down."

Ennoshita's eyes sparkled with silent hope, his hands gripping the blades tighter. "Thank you, your highness."

The other boy chuckled. "Don't call me that until I get my position back. Now show me what you've got."

The mechanic looked at his weapons in his hand, before shrugging and zig-zagging towards Kageyama with good speed. Kageyama raised his sword as Ennoshita's arms that were down at his right side raised up towards his left cheek.

The blade came down an inch before the former king clashed blades and swiped it out of Ennoshita's hand. The mechanic glared, clicking his tongue as he pushed his body towards Kageyama, causing the king to sidestep and grab the other dagger that stretched out to stab him.

With a swift motion, he brought his blade down onto Ennoshita's hand, stopping at the arm hairs. Ennoshita's momentum immediately came to a halt as he felt Kageyama's strong grip.

"You're good, but not good enough," Kageyama stated. "You go in a straight line. Move around more." He released Ennoshita's hand and walked away. Ennoshita blinked, hallucinating a long red cloak adorning the fallen king's shoulders.

Tanaka bounded up to his friend with the new weapon. "So what did he say?"

Ennoshita opened his mouth, but no sound was emitted. He closed it, staring at Kageyama's back. "He's a true king."