Hidden Feelings

"You're going to train me?" Kageyama asked in an astonished tone. "But... but you beat me. Why are you doing this?"

Kuroo smiled, shaking his head. "Because I don't particularly like Oikawa's attitude. Also, I think it would be quite amusing to see a tyrant fall." He held out his hand to the beaten boy.

Kageyama turned his head and grunted as he stumbled back onto his feet. He picked his sword up from the ground and wiped it with his shirt. 

"When do we start?"

"I think now is a good time," Kuroo replied. "Follow me." He turned his back, walking into the court halls. Kageyama looked back at the frozen Karasuno group before trotting behind Kuroo. 

Hinata was the first to break the silence. "He's gotten better with his tone?"

"What do you mean by that?" Yaku asked. 

"Well, he used to talk like he was super formal and stuff. Like, no 'it's' or 'hasn't' word things!" Hinata explained, hands going wild as he spoke. "He sounded super fancy, but super fake."

Yaku chuckled. "I wouldn't doubt that. Kageyama could be popular with his people; he was raised in a toxic environment if you ask me. But that's not something that should be discussed right now."

"Can I go home if we're not training?" Lev asked. 

Yaku punched him in the shoulder with a frown. "You really thought I forgot."

"You really are the demon trainer!"

Yaku, fists clenched, turned back to Hinata. "The royal guard training will start in the afternoon. That's when you all have to leave."

"Then where will we go?" Suga chimed in, overhearing the conversation.

"Just go into town. I'm sure Kuroo will give you some money," Yaku replied. "For now, do what you do. I'll be training Lev on the side."

"Will you train us?" Hinata asked.

"No," Yaku replied immediately. "A group with so much ambition is something I will not be able to train well. You are your own teacher and critic. Push yourself, boy."

"Who're you callin' boy? I'm older than you!"

"I'm 23."

Hinata froze at this large number. "What? You're older? But you're shorter than me!"

Yaku turned towards Lev with a murderous gleam in his smile. "Let's do our best today!"

Everyone laughed at Lev's small squeak of fear before heading to do their own training. Hinata looked around, noticing that someone was missing. 

"Where did Kenma go?" he muttered, scanning the area. He didn't see him leave with Kuroo, but he was not around. 

"Hey, Hinata! Where are you going?" Daichi asked, noticing Hinata starting to walk off.

"I'm going to go find a friend!"

Kenma was quietly fiddling with a stick and ball, trying to cup the wooden sphere in. He looked out into the courtyard and at the cherry tree's bark. He raised his hand to try and catch the ball, but jumped when he heard a, "hey, Kenma!"

He turned around to see orange-haired Hinata running up towards him with a smile. "What's that?" he asked, pointing at his small toy.

Kenma looked down with a dazed look. "This? You have to catch the ball in the holder like this." He flicked his hand up, and the ball on the string leaped into its holder with ease.