Wanderlust

"We hear you! Come out!" Kageyama commanded, grip tightening on his sword. The bush's rustling intensified, and a small human came out from the shadows.

His black roots blended with the blond ends of his hair, and his slouched position pointed towards a cubic contraption in his hands. He looked up from his cube, his catlike golden eyes connecting with Hinata's.

"Oh. How did I end up here?" he mumbled, looking around the forest with pure wonder. "It's really pretty."

"Who are you?" Hinata asked, cautiously approaching him. Kageyama watched as the mysterious boy shrink away from Hinata.

"I'm Kenma Kozume, royal advisor of the Nekoma Kingdom."

"You're called 'Nekoma's Brain,'" Kageyama commented, approaching the hunched boy. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

Kenma turned towards the smaller male. "Is he usually this intimidating?"

Hinata laughed. "Don't mind him. He's cold to everyone."

"Why don't I just kill you?" Kageyama threatened with a strained smile. Hinata shot a smug grin back. 

"You wouldn't."

"I would. Do not test my patience."

"You should really relax your tone. Let loose, king," Hinata said. Kageyama rolled his eyes.

"I'm leaving. Return back to your home when you're ready."

"Do you know where you're going?"

"Believe it or not, I have an acute sense of direction." Kageyama headed into the trees, ready to make his way back to Hinata's home. 

Hinata sighed and turned back to Kenma, who finished his puzzle. He had a dark red vest and white gloves, as well as sharp black pants. A loose bag was hanging on his shoulder, in which he put his puzzle back in. 

"You said you were the royal advisor of the Nekoma Kingdom?" Hinata asked, eyes sparkling. Kenma flinched at his upbeat tone. 

"Yeah, I am. Nothing special."

Hinata tilted his head. "Nothing special? You get gourmet food and a large, comfy bed! What's not special about that?"

Kenma looked up at the sky, pursing his lips. "It's not easy when you know that the king likes you. He's so obvious."

"Well, I'm sure that the king likes all of his employees," Hinata laughed.

"No, I don't mean like that. He likes me romantically." 

The orange haired boy's eyes widened. "Oh."

"It's a pain. I don't want to be involved with any big scandal, much less a royal scandal." He took out two metal loops and started to fiddle with them. "Too much effort."

"I think that being in a relationship would be nice."

Kenma looked up with slight surprise. "You think a relationship would be nice?"

"With the right person, yes. I think romance is, like, whoosh, or something. It's hard to explain." The pudding head fell silent. Hinata had a point; maybe he was being too selfish and not giving his king a chance. But what about the scandals? That would be a pain...

"I guess you make sense. I would probably return king Kuro's affections if he wasn't a king," he said nonchalantly. "I'm just scared that the rumor will get me in trouble. Executed, perhaps."

Hinata tilted his head in confusion. "Dating a king would result in an execution?"

"Surprisingly, Kuro is one of the most attractive and powerful king. He rose to power and won the kingdom's heart in a matter of weeks. We call it the 'Three Week Love.'"

Hinata smiled. "If I dated Kageyama, no one would mind. He's so disliked that it doesn't even matter!"

"I heard that he's a combat genius," Kenma said. Hinata nodded, throwing his arms behind his head. 

"He is, but he's crap at socializing." They both chuckled before settling down. "So what are you doing out here?"

"I wanted some fresh air. The palace courtyard is nice, but it's better in the wild." Kenma looked up at the large moon that beamed down on the two boys. "I got lost in my thoughts, and I ended up here."

"Do you know how to get back?"

He nodded, a secretive smile crossing his face. "I have a keen sense of direction."

A silence crossed the two before Hinata spoke up. "Do you know the Karasuno group?"

Kenma's eyebrows furrowed. "I've never heard of them." 

"We're a group of aspiring fighters to serve the king! But right now, we're a rebel group against the new king."

"Oh, king Oikawa. He's an amazing ruler," Kenma said wistfully. "He once offered me a position in the court, but I stuck with Nekoma."

"Really? That's amazing! The Great King asking you to be part of the Kingdom's court! Uh, I'm getting sidetracked. What I'm trying to say is that we need your help."

The advisor's eyes narrowed. He didn't want to rope his kingdom into any sort of conflict. "Go on."

Hinata noticed the change of aura, and took a deep breath. "We're hoping that you would help us with our struggle. This kingdom looks like a monarchy right now, but it will become a dictatorship very soon. I- no, the citizens won't like this! Karasuno is trying to evade a mass genocide right now, because revolution is inevitable." 

Kenma hummed. "I understand what you're trying to say, but I do not want my kingdom to get roped into a conflict for an unknown kingdom."

Hinata bit his lip, feeling a rush of anger course through his body. "The people of this kingdom will die by the hands of a tyrannical ruler! This could become a world war if we don't stop this now! Do you see the propaganda that is placed around the Aoba Johsai Kingdom? You're 'Nekoma's Brain!' You should be able to see that war for your kingdom is probably going to happen! Please, help us win now before it's too late."

Tears flowed down the small boy's face, his fists clenched so hard that his knuckles were white. Kenma kept quiet for a minute, contemplating Hinata's request. Oikawa was an impeccable ruler, who seemed to have no flaws. Smart, handsome, charismatic, and strong. No matter how many people rise against him, they will never win; especially if they're a ragtag crew of people that called themselves a "rebel group."

He chuckled at those words. What good could a "rebel group" do? He covered his mouth as his giggles slipped through his lips. "You're an amusing guy. What's your name?"

"Oh! I- um... I'm Hinata Shoyo!"

"I like you, Shoyo. I want to see your 'rebel group' in action." Hinata perked up at his statement. "Tomorrow, meet me in the woods with former king Kageyama and take me to your training grounds."

"Really?" Hinata exclaimed.

"Yes. What Karasuno shows me will help me decide if this group is worth my time." A daring grin crossed the advisor's face. "Impress me, Hinata Shoyo."