Plan

"You're... you're the king?" Hinata shouted. Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"Wasn't it obvious? I mean, he looks the same! How dense can you get?"

"Shut up, four-eyes!" Hinata yelled as Yamaguchi snickered into his hand.

"So... who are you?" Kageyama asked, turning to the tall man with long hair. He hoped that this would change the subject.

"I'm... uh..."

"He's Asahi. Don't mind him, he's a bit shy," a small boy called, appearing from this "Asahi" with a confident smile. "I'm Nishinoya! Just call me "Noya" for short!"

"That's not the only thing that's short," Tsukishima mumbled. Hinata stomped on his foot.

"It's nice meeting you all. I guess the news has already spread like wildfire," Kageyama said, staring at the ground. His hands clenched into fists as he bottled his emotions.

"It's international by now," Noya said. "Sorry 'bout all of this, man."

"It's fine. You probably like him better," the former king mumbled. Everyone exchanged glances.

"Actually, we don't have the... best opinion on him," Ennoshita said, twiddling his fingers.

'What does he mean?' Kageyama thought. 'He seems more in control than me.'

"Oikawa is nice on the outside, but he's a demon when it comes to any rebel gangs or groups. His kingdom is so perfect and pristine that it makes you question how it's so nice. He squashes anyone that tries to rebel against him, and spreads propaganda like spreading butter on bread," Suga explained.

"Basically, he uses fear and lies to control his population. He's always looking for ways to expand his empire, and picks off small kingdoms like these. He'll purge the Outer City and monopolize the Inner City, Daichi added.

"And that's what I want to stop," Kageyama declared. "I will take back the throne and make this kingdom better than before!"

Everyone cheered except for Tsukishima, who realized a small flaw in his plan. "With what army? You can't do it by yourself."

Kageyama's face flushed. He's always done things alone because people couldn't keep up with his innovative mind. "Well, I was... I was hoping that you could help me."

The group fell silent.

"I say we help him. Look at that pitiful face!" Tanaka said, pointed at Kageyama. "He needs support from all of us!"

Ennoshita nodded. "For once, I agree with Tanaka. The new king will be terrible."

"Yeah! I third that decision!" Noya exclaimed, jumping up and down beside a nodding Asahi.

Hinata grinned. "Let's help him!"

Suga and Daichi gave each other worried looks, before the taller one sighed. "Kageyama, welcome to the Karasuno group."

Kageyama's eyes slowly lit up. He was in! He was getting help! He felt two hands take his gently. Hinata smiled up at him, his face radiating positive energy. The king's face flushed as he looked away.

"Thunk- thanks," he squeaked out as the orange-haired boy laughed.

"It's no problem!" Suga said. "So, what's the plan to get them back? We can't storm them in this state."

Kageyama released himself from Hinata's warm hands. "We set out to gain allies. It's obvious that Oikawa won't listen to our small group. At best, we'll all be killed on the spot. During this recruitment, we train our asses off. Oikawa won't let go of the throne without a fight."

"Who are we going to recruit first?" Daichi asked.

Kageyama grinned. "Nekoma. They have a strong military and good soldiers."

"They have one of the best militaries in the world!" Yamaguchi chimed in excitedly. "Their style is smooth and controlled. It's truly amazing!"

"You seem to know a lot," Kageyama commented.

"Since I work at a bookstore, I read a lot of books. I tend to lean towards history books," he blushed.

"No, it's fine. It'll come in handy, actually." Kageyama turned towards the leader of the group. "We'll leave in three week's time. I want to see all of your fighting skills and abilities."

"Of course! We have a training ground not far from here, actually," Suga said. "It's managed by a good friend, Kiyoko. She's quite a beauty."

Kageyama noticed Tanaka blush at the name. "Good. Let's head there."

"Hey, how did you all form to become a group?" Kageyama asked Hinata.

He looked up at the serious face of the king. "You always look sad. Or grumpy. Or sad and grumpy."

"Shut up and answer my question!"

Hinata put his hands up in defense. "Seems like you're just angry! Well, it started about three years ago. It was Daichi, Suga, and Asahi who bonded over their love of swordplay and weapons that they created the Karasuno group. It grew when people joined last year, and I joined this year! We just like fighting and perfecting our abilities to become knights for the kingdom. Well, knights for you! But since we unanimously dislike king Oikawa, we've now become more of a... how do you put it... rebel group."

Kageyama kicked a pebble off the dusty road. They wanted to become knights for the kingdom? Once he reclaims the throne, he'll be sure to knight them.

"Can you tell me more about the group?" he asked. "I want to know who I'm working with."

"And people know you as the 'Cold King!'" Hinata laughed before ducking to avoid a punch sent by Kageyama. "Well, Daichi and Suga are leaving at the end of this year to get married. It may be illegal in the Inner City, but there aren't any rules in the Outer City! Asahi's also leaving at the end of the year to join the knight training. Now he's not too excited to go because of the new king."

"The founders are leaving?" Kageyama asked. "That sounds a bit irresponsible."

"It may sound irresponsible to you, but they're not kings. They're normal civilians and they live normal lives."

"True. Carry on."

"There's Nishinoya, who seems to like Asahi. Nothing's really set in stone, because the only emotion he shows is... like... bwah! Y'know?"

Kageyama nodded.

"Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are 'not dating,' but they totally are. They're more obvious than they think. Also, Yamaguchi works at his family bookstore. He's a big nerd when it comes to weapons."

"Ennoshita and Tanaka work as duo technicians. Ennoshita is the brains behind most repairs and Tanaka listens to him. If they announced they were dating, I wouldn't be surprised. But to my knowledge, they're not."

"And what about you?" Kageyama asked. Hinata blinked in confusion. "I want to know more about you."

"About me?"

"Yes, about-"

"Look at that! We're here!" Hinata exclaimed, cutting the black-haired boy off.

They stood in front of a large, open-aired, abandoned theater. Training dummies were littered around the stage and a large rack of weapons stood next to a small building that said "Training Theater" on its drooping sign.

"Let's go! You'll love our fighting abilities!" Hinata said, dragging Kageyama to the rest of the group.

Kageyama's lips turned upwards into a smile. "Don't disappoint me, Karasuno."