three

ashton looked at michael up and down and gave him a small laugh. "you're the boy luke talks about so much? you're the stupid one who decided to befriend this geek? wow...you really are desprate."

michael clenched his fists together and became tense. luke stood up and walked over to michael's side, pputting his hand on his arm, trying to pull him away from ashton.

"michael, please don't do anything to him. i'm fine." luke said quietly.

"but you're not luke. i'm not stupid enought to believe that you are fine. i know you aren't." michael said giving his attention back to ashton.

"what are you going to do michael?" ashton snickered taking off his suit jacket.

michael removed his jacket as well and took a step towards ashton, pushing his sleeves up his arms as ashton mimicked him. just as michael was about to throw the first punch, luke pulled him off towards the dance floor on the other side of the gym.

michael groaned. "luke, i was about to beat him up for you mate."

luke smiled at michael's accent. "i don't want you too though. like i said, it's fine. i came here with you so we can spend time together." he said taking michael's hinds in his.

"i'm sorry luke, i just don't want anyone hurting you again."

"it's done and over with mikey. i'm with you. i guess i was just too blind to notice that you felt that way about me." luke blushed.

michael gave luke a simpathetic smile. "luke, i wasn't clear enough on that subject. i didn't even know i was gay until i dumped my girlfriend for this one boy i fell head over heels in love with ."

luke blushed more as michael placed his hands on his waist and started to sway to the music. "you know luke, i neve imaigned prom to be like this before."

"it's amazing isn't it?" he replied placing his arms around the older one's neck. "i hear great stories of prom. one person falls in love with the other and it's just so magical."

"i've already fallen for you though. and it only took letters."

luke smiled and looked into michael's eyes for the first time. then it finally clicked. michael was always the one. sure he didn't express his love for luke in letters, but the little things michael gave away as context clues of how he felt about the certain topic. the way michael always stood up for luke. just the little things he did. how he came to london all the way from austrailia just to make sure he had a prom date.

luke watched in awe as michael caresed his cheek. the feeling of michae's touch sent sparks through luke's body. michael smiled at the blonde boy before brushing his quiff back and taking a step closer to luke.

"you know luke, there is one thing in life i have never tried." michael whispered.

"what would that be?"

michael chuckles and leaned in closer. "this." he said quietly before pressing his lips against luke's.

//i'm sorry this sucks. it's 9:30 here and i felt pressured to update. i just feel awful. once again i am sorry. im upset bc abc cancelled the breakfast club and i'm all depressed about it man. if you know a site besides neflix that i can watch it on, please let me know!

-courtney xx