five

"Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you"

-THIS MAY CAUSE TEARS-

luke holds onto michael's hand as tight as he could. in his free hand held michael's carry-on bag. luke looked up at michael, trying his hardest to hold in his tears as they sat at the airport waiting for michae's plane.

michael was scrolling through the pictures on his camera roll of the memories he and luke shared for the month he spent in america. michael was as well trying to hold back tears. he knew he was going to have to end things with luke. after all, he had to finish his last year of school.

both boys were depressed and dreaded they day that michael had to go back to australia. calum had dropped out of school and decided to stay in london with luke and his soon-to-be boyfriend.

after michael nearly got in a fight with ashton, calum took ashton by the arm and tried to cool the boy off. sure michael had told him about the things he did to luke, but ashton looked like he was about to punch someone and he wanted to protect luke and his best friend michael.

after giving ashton a talking, the two boys shook hands and ashton agreed to not kill michael or hurt luke. ashton's friends had left to go to the dance floor with their dates. calum had come by himself with michael and luke, not having a date just like ashton who had given up his date as a bet. the boys had spent the night talking and chatting. thats how they found out they were alike in so many ways. they liked the same bands, the same music, just about the same everything. calum had spent his time in london getting to know ashton. sure he was an asshole, but he wasn't that bad of a guy. ashton even took him out on a few dates and calum was thinking about asking ashton to be his boyfriend.

the bell rang, signaling the two boys that michael's flight was now bording. michael and luke waked to the end of the line, gripping each other's hands tightly. once they got to the front, michael handed the lady his bording pass and took both of luke's hands in his own, pulling the boy off to the side.

"luke," michael said softly. "please look at me."

luke hesitantly looked up at the red headed boy and into his green eyes so he could get lost in the once more.

"luke, i will back back by next summer. i promise." he said in a hushed tone. "i want you to promise me something before i leave."

luke nodded. "anything. you name it michael."

michael kissed luke's wrists and held them into his chest. "don't ever cut while i'm gone. you have my number. you have my skype. you have my adress. come contact me if you ever feel alone or depressed. hell, you can even go visit calum. he'll listen to you. just do anything but harm yourself."

luke's eyes teared up as he wrapped his arms around michael. michael hugged the younger boy back as tight as he could, letting the tears fall down his cheeks. when they pulled apart, they shared one last kiss toghether, parting when they heard the last call be announced over the speakers.

michael kissed luke's arms and let go of his hands. "I love you luke." he said under a whisper.

michael started to walk away into the tunnel. he turned around to get one last look at luke. his heart melted when he saw the small blush and smile on luke's face. michael wanted to turn around so badly, but he knew his parents wouldn't be happy with him staying in london.

michael drug his feet onto the plane slowly and went to the very back and sat down. michael looked out the window and faintly saw luke staring at the plane through the glass inside the airport. michael smiled and took out his phone, sending a short text to luke.

Mikey: Good bye my love. I'll send you a sykpe call when i get back to sydney.

michael shut his phone off and layed back against the seat, ready for the flight that was ahead of him. the flight was well over 20 hours, but it gave him a good time to rest and to catch up on some thoughts. when they landed, the first thing michael did when he got off the plane was check his phone. he saw the missed message, instantly knowing it was from luke. he smiled and headed out front to find his parents car. on the way home, he read luke's message over and over again.

Lukey: I love you too michael. can't wait to see you next summer xx