Chapter 6

A few days had passed since all of the commotion about Kokuyo land happened. The people that were caught in the crossfire was slowly recovering in the hospital. It was almost filled with Nami-chuu students that the doctors are almost questioning what was up with middle school students these days.

Ryohei is surprisingly energetic for someone who was badly injures and lost his teeth.

Gokudera, Yamamoto, Hibari, and the others involved with the raid was admitted in the hospital too.

That included Hikaru, who was placed in a special room with Mukuro and the other Kokuyo students. Shamal was the one assigned to treat them, by Reborn's request(threat), so that no unlikely rumors would go around.

Surprisingly, Hikaru woke up during those few days, catching the others off guard with his quick recovery.

Often visited by Tsuna and the others who was in the hospital too.

Reborn had told Bianchi and Shamal how Mukuro escaped from Vindice and the bravery that Hikaru showed. It took more than guts to stand up to those guys that's for sure. And so the three was questioning who and what affiliation does Hikaru have with the mafia.

"Well... It was scary! Ahahaha, but I did manage to do it, so there's no problem." Hikaru received a flick on the forehead from Reborn when he said that.

So carefree.... Is this really the guy who  dealt with that Vindice? Shamal thought as he fixed his tools.

"I never knew you were this big of an idiot, Fujimoto. What would you have done when you didn't manage to convince those law freaks." Reborn was now sitting on his lap.

Only Shamal and Bianchi knew that the hitman was producing sun flames to speed up Hikaru's recovery.

"Uhhh... well... I wouldn't know since I did manage to convince them! Ahahaha! Ahahaha!" That laugh was obviously fake on purpose to try and agitate Reborn.

"..." a solemn look appeared on the boy's face. Very unlike of him to show such face.

"I was scared to talk back and deal with them.." His gaze was down, it was a good thing that reborn wasn't looking up to see his face right now.

"...but... I was more scared of the thought of not being able to save anyone..."

Who are you? Why do you know these things? Why do you look like you know everything? Like you carry all of the world on your back.

"Idiot." Another flick on the forehead.

"If you were scared then you shouldn't have done it." Reborn stood up and jumped down. Bianchi and Shamal were the first ones to exit the room.

Hikaru looked at Reborn with the most honest smile he could do and the hitman could see that it wasn't his usual easygoing grin.

"I still did it anyway." Hikaru said while Reborn turned around and exited the room with a smirk on his face. Of course,  he didn't let it be seen by Hikaru.

Hikaru stared at the door before looking out of the window.

He did it. He was able to do it.

"How does it feel?"

Hikaru breathed in and sighed in full relief.

"Great."

Akari said no more and Hikaru heard rustling from his neighbour.

He moved the curtain and saw Mukuro, who was starting to wake up from his long sleep of recovery.

"How does it feel to be freed from your chains?" Hikaru asked with a grin.