Prologue

It was a dark night in Beaker's Depot. Dark enough for secrets to fly.

Five important-looking Inklings met under the stars. By the confident way they moved, weapons strapped to their backs, it was clear they knew exactly what they were doing.

A few moments passed.

"Has it been announced?" One of the Inklings asked.

"Yes," came the second Inkling's response.

"How are they reacting to it?" Another asked anxiously.

Yet another sighed. "Not well. They've been used to the way things are for so long. It's hard to accept change."

The fifth Inkling chuckled. "Well, they'll have to adjust quickly. They don't have much time."

"How long until it's in effect?"

"Not as long as they think."

As the five continued sharing their thoughts on 'it', none of them noticed the hooded figure crouching on a suspended box.

He watched on as the five kept talking, unaware of their approaching demise.

A few moments passed.

The hoodie spy heard a buzz of static, then a voice came from his communicator.

"Cheshire, you ready?"

He responded immediately. "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Go for it."

Cheshire shut off his communicator, mentally preparing himself for what would happen next. He stood up and walked to the edge of the suspended box. He took a deep breath, then jumped off.

A few moments passed.

A few feet from the ground, Cheshire activated his special. Booyah Bomb.

The executives stopped their conversation when they heard the telltale sound of a special being activated. Their special. They looked up in dread as the figure above them hovered, slowly charging the blast.

The third executive was the quickest. "SCRAM!" he yelled, inking the ground in front of him as he ran/swam away. Even with the lead, he wasn't fast enough.

Cheshire hurled the Bomb onto the ground, and landed on two feet as everything around him was decimated in a blast of purple ink.

A few moments passed.

When the last of the blast died down, he looked around to confirm that the five executives were gone. They would respawn, of course, but not without the fear in their hearts.

With his signature, slightly sadistic smile growing on his face, Cheshire reactivated his communicator and whispered, "Mission accomplished."