Harper

Harper's POV

Being a widow isn't a mark of an easy life. People chuckle at your loneliness and leave you alone to look to your wounds. I always ignore such people and live my lonely life. And, I am okay with that. No worries for me.

My name is Harper James-Walker, 30 years of age. A widow at 28, and a senior reporter at a newspaper in New York for 2 years. Still wrecked from inside, yet smiling outside.

I lost my husband Mark to a terrifying car accident on our 5th Anniversary. He was just 34 and worked in an advertising agency as Creative Director. He loved writing and had 2 bestselling novels to his name. His office colleagues loved him for his helpful nature, jolly attitude and calm personality.

He was killed when a truck crashed with his car near our home. He died on the spot due to excessive bleeding and heart failure. I was completely shattered by his death.

I shifted to the US to get some fresh air after he died. New York was where I settled. Got a job at a newspaper, Duncan Pyramid, in Manhattan as a senior reporter, due to my previous experience of working at Southwark News back in London, where I was the editor for four years.

After he left, I have not dared to love someone as I was completely in love with him. I could not find someone who can get me out of the mental wreck I was living in. Maybe, I will find someone who can love like Mark used to do, even more than him.

Shall I fall in love again?