Chapter 3 - Harper

Harper's POV

I decided to go back home earlier today, with my mind drifted towards Mark. I couldn't have worked in peace after dreaming about being with him at the Central Park. While driving back, the song "Let It Snow" by Vaughn Monroe played on the music system, taking me back to the blissful times I and Mark had in our marriage. And, this song was his favourite song. He would play this song on repeat and would sing it in sheer perfection.

It was just a 10 minute ride from East 77th Street, where my office is located at, to 5th Avenue, where I live in 907 Fifth Avenue Apartments. I live on the 5th floor, apartment number 503, having perfect two bedrooms, a spacious bathroom and dining hall. It was my cosy paradise, yet I wish I had Mark with me.

I received a message on my phone. It was of some Shelby Smith messaging me the timing of meeting at Altesi Madison at 7 PM. I remembered about her being the Advertising manager at The Kosciuszko Foundation, wishing to advertise in our newspaper about an opera performance on New Year's Eve.

I slept a bit, woke up at 6.30, took a bath, got into my jeans, shirt and jacket combination and started going towards the restaurant. It was a 10 minute drive from my home to East 64th Street, where the restaurant is. I reached quite early, at 6.50, and just was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the restaurant. I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder and saw Shelby smiling and saying, "If you wish to just stare at its beauty, then I can go home and Netflix till night, Harper." I blushed a bit, embarrassed by my childness and apologized to her and got inside.

Well, it is truly an upscale restaurant. Sheer beauty it was, with a fountain in between giving it almost a heaven-like look. Shelby was looking stunning in a knee-length floral dress and a white sweater. I was smitten by her glowing face, almost daring to kiss her in the restaurant. Here was I, looking so simple in my blue Levis Jeans and checkered Vans shirt, combined with a plain white jacket. Still, Shelby complimented my dressing sense, and I was delighted by her soothing voice. I returned the favour by slyly flirting with her. She can understand my intentions but just smiled and talked about the advertisement in our newspaper.

------------------------------------------------------------

After a dinner of tiramisu, burritos and some soup, we got up and outside the restaurant, Shelby asked me, "Do you mind if I wish to have some coffee at your home? These guys don't have coffee, and I don't like anyone else's coffee." I just smiled at her and teased her, "Well, you can have a cup of coffee if you tell you your family members about a sudden snowstorm keeping you stuck at my home for five days!" I flirtingly touched my fingers with hers, and kissed her slowly on her lips. She returned the favour by arduously kissing me, her lips burning me in eternal lust.

Reaching home, I opened the door, let us enter inside, and locked it. I couldn't believe I was doing it, with a woman for the first time. Shelby seductively blurted, "Harper, you are a failure in hiding your flirting. You thought I can't read you flirting with me, but I just wanted to enter your home and show you the real and intense flirting." I pulled her to me and dictated, "Show me the real flirting, Shelby. I'm eager to learn it." With this, I eagerly kissed her and she reciprocated by kissing me back. Slowly and steadily, this sensual exchange of kisses led us to my bedroom.

Oh God, I could not believe that I was doing it. Making love with a woman. I hope Mark will forgive me for doing this. I was quivering with fear when Shelby came near me and softly spoke, "Hey, I know what you are feeling. You are scared of doing this and you are, for the first time, doing it with a lady. You will get over it soon, I am sure."

I smiled and just stood still, signalling her to start our love night. Shelby came to me, smiled and slowly began kissing me, beginning from my lips to my cheeks and earlobes. Her kiss trail descended to my neck, where she planted little pecks. I was so lost in her kisses, I completely forgot about time. Her fingers moved so leisurely, creating ripples of sheer pleasure on my skin. Her touch was causing a flow of electricity inside my body that I was unable to control.

I kissed her fiercely, she was so surprised by my change of gears. I undressed her completely and kissed her navel, hearing her seductive moans. She pushed me on the bed, got on top of me, and whispered, "Don't you think you are pushing it too fast? I guess, you want to sleep too early today." I answered, "No, I don't want to sleep tonight. In fact, I want this to go on till tomorrow night."

She cheered up and began undressing me. She slowly undressed me completely and smiled. She got up, switched off the lights, and turned on the room heater, for it was cold here. She came back and said, "You ready for this night, Harper?" I turned her on her back and getting on top of her, said, "Let's do this slowly, Shelby."

I kissed her passionately, and it began raining snow outside.

----------------------------------------------------------

Close to a thousand word limit for this chapter only, so yeah feeling happy about my writing progress. As I have said earlier, the locations are real in my book, so Altesi Madison is located at East 64th Street, and Harper's home at 907 Fifth Avenue Apartments is at Fifth Avenue.

Do share my book with your friends and drop your comments about my book!

- Sunny