Chapter 5 - Harper

Harper's POV

Next day, I woke up at eleven, and found a note from Shelby that said, "Thank you for the last night & today's breakfast! Saved some omelettes for you! See you soon. Love, Shelby." 

I smiled, took a bath, ate my breakfast & left for the press conference the NYPD Bureau Chief Max Sheridan kept for giving details about that Chase Bank robbery at the NYPD headquarters. 

I reached well before the conference began, took a seat on the first row and waited for others to come. After half an hour, when the room was jam-packed with journalists & photographers, the Bureau Chief came in with three police officers. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

He said that after a week-long extensive search operation, the thieves have been caught on Christmas, near the Canada border & the entire stolen money has been recovered from them. The thieves fired at the officers but we were outgunned by the police squad. No officer was injured in the fire, he said. 

The press conference ended in just ten minutes without revealing the names of the robbers. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

After this conference, I went to the office, wrote the report, got it checked from Ken and gave it to Max for the front page, and went back to my cabin. 

I thought about last night with Shelby. She has a really nice body, like a model. She has a slim body like me, but her curves shine more prominently. Maybe, she was a model before joining the Foundation. 

Her grey eyes had a magnetic effect on me on the very first glance and this magnetic glance led to this entire romantic night between us! I wish to have this special night, again! 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Going too slow, but still strong! Thank you SavvyDunn ma'am for your reminder of Harper's major police report coverage.

Hoping to get back on track with regular chapter uploading!

- Sunny