Chapter 6 - Chelsea

Chelsea's POV

I don't know about others, but helping homeless people gives me immense happiness. Since my university days, I have been helping homeless people & my heart feels full and joyous.

That smile on the faces of those people after getting scarves is still running in my mind. I thought about Emily's smile while holding her scarf while drinking coffee. Her smile, for me, was just priceless. Being just ten years old, her words could put even old people to shame! I wish, I had a sister/niece like her - chubby, yet full of confidence & boldness.

My phone's ringing brought me back to reality. It was my best friend, Jamie's call. She spoke, "Cancel all weddings on 31st, because you are coming to my New Year party, even if you are sick. I don't want to hear any excuses, okay?" "Even if you get sick here, we still want you to enjoy & welcome New Year with us." said her golfer husband Luke.

I laughed and said, "I won't ditch you. Trust me, I don't want to miss meeting your hot girlfriends. Maybe, I can find my partner at your party!" We talked more for an hour and then hung up. Of all my friends from university, Jamie is with whom I share a sister-like bond. The bond that spans childhood. But we are more like best friends than sisters. And we are comfortable like that only!

I messaged my team about our New Year Eve holiday and thought about my "future" that hangs in vague air right now. By my "future", I mean I need to find a partner who is, if opposite to me, understanding & caring. I yearn for a girl who can love me & my sorrows without breaking me from inside.

Where are you, the lucky girl?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the previous chapter on 4th February, and after 2 months and one day, here's another chapter. I am facing some deep writers block and that's why I hadn't posted anything since last two months!

I hope to stay on track now. Show your love to my story, folks!

- Sunny