Chapter 1 - Harper

Harper's POV

Robbers wipe out entire bank money, injure 10

A group of four robbers looted Chase Bank in the busy hours of the bank's working time, at 1 PM last Friday. The robbers stole the entire money kept inside the lockers and injured ten people. The injured were taken to Lenox Hill Hospital at 77th Street. Eyewitnesses told the media that the robbers came from 71st street in a black Jeep Outlander, stopped at the entrance of the bank, took out their guns, one of them fired a round outside the bank and then entered it. Insiders say that the leader of the gang fired three rounds in the air, took everyone hostage and demanded the way to the locker having $120 million dollars in cash.

Two of the robbers took a cashier and the Managing Director of the bank with them to the safe room having the cash. They locked them the cashier and the MD with a rope outside the room and put the entire cash in 10 bags in just 20 minutes. Before leaving, they warned the workers not to call the police before an hour and again fired a round and then left in their Jeep. The police is seriously looking into the matter, with NYPD Bureau Chief Max Sheridan asserting that they'll soon nab the criminals who did it.

I wrote this report in an hour (due to some serious headache), gave it to my boss, editor Ken Shillong for final reading and after he approved it, gave it to the newspaper designer Max O' Connor and returned to my cabin. I shut down my laptop and closed my eyes, enjoying the frosty air of the AC and my nerves calmed down. I don't know when sleep enveloped me in its embrace. I dreamt about being at Central Park.

I saw him, my dear Mark in my dream, sitting at a bench in Central Park. He was wearing his favourite LA LAKERS Hoodie with Jeans and his most worn Vans black shoes. Smiling at me, he asked me to sit with him. I sat near him. He held my hands in his and softly said, "I am sorry to leave you alone, Harper. Please forgive me, for I have hurt you and your heart."

Tears trickled out of eyes. I kissed him softly and gushed, "Please, don't be sorry. You have not hurt me or my heart at all. You did not leave me alone, Mark. You reside in my heart and will live forever. I Love You forever, Mark." He kissed my hands and answered, "I Love You too, Harper. I am proud of having my last dates with you and loving you eternally. Thank you for coming in my life. You are really a great woman, Harper."

We hug each other and kiss. I feel his passionate heat burning my body while we kiss, and I melted into his embrace, surrendering myself completely into him....

I suddenly wake up, my entire body clothed in sweat. I cry while remembering him. I miss him entirely, and yearn for his warmth and love. How can I ever forget you, my dear Mark?

------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! I just achieved a thousand word mark today with this chapter and Chelsea's introduction chapter! So ecstatic I am right now!

So, the locations I mentioned in the beginning are real, with Lennox Hill Hospital located at East 77th Street and Chase Bank at Lexington Avenue. I took help of Google Maps while writing it, because I want to keep the locations in my story real.

Harper can't forget Mark and loves him forever. But yes, she is going to fall in love with Chelsea. Very soon. I don't know when it'll happen, but surely, it will happen soon.

Do shoot your comments, advises in the comment section or mail them to me! Email address is in the about section of my profile.

Till then, take care & keep writing!

Sunny