24

Quinn went to her locker after school. She was exchanging her books when Puck approached her.

"Hey." Puck smiled.

"Hey." Quinn responded. "Can I borrow your car?"

"Where are you going?" Puck wondered.

"Lamaze class, and I'm gonna be late." Quinn stated.

"What's lamaze class?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"It's a childbirth class." Quinn said. "I totally forgot about it until I got a text reminder last period."

"Can I take you?" Puck asked.

"Hurry up." Quinn ordered with a nod. "I'm probably the only teenager going, and I don't wanna be late, too."

"Come on."

-

"I told you we were gonna be late." Quinn hissed as she and Puck entered the lamaze class.

"My bad." Puck muttered.

"Hi, thanks for joining us." A woman in her forties smiled at Quinn and Puck. "Why don't you have a seat in our circle and introduce yourselves? My name is Pamela."

"I'm Noah and this is Quinn." Puck said as he and Quinn sat down on the floor with everyone. "We're having a baby girl in June."

Quinn felt her cheeks turn red with all of the eyes in the room on her. She looked at Puck.

"Relax." Puck said softly. "No one is staring at you."

Quinn nodded slowly as they finished the introductions.

"Childbirth is a miracle. A miracle of life." Pamela said. "But that miracle takes some work, which is why you're all here."

Quinn bit her lip.

"Now, face your partner. Look into their eyes and just gaze at them." Pamela instructed everyone. "And accept their gaze."

Quinn faced Puck and looked into his eyes as Pamela walked around the room.

"Very good, you two." Pamela smiled at Quinn and Puck.

As soon as Pamela was gone, Puck crossed his eyes.

"Noah." Quinn scolded. "Be serious."

"I am." Puck said as he fixed his eyes and smiled as he looked at Quinn.

"Find where your partner holds their beauty." Pamela commanded.

"Everywhere." Puck noted as he looked Quinn up and down.

"Be serious." Quinn repeated. "Come on."

"Find where your partner holds their strength." Pamela continued. "Mothers, your strength will help you bring that beautiful baby into the world and your partner's strength will get you through the pain. Your partner will be your rock and your support throughout childbirth."

Quinn bit her lip as she continued looking at Puck.

Puck took Quinn's hands and gently squeezed them as the class continued.