Chapter III

"What happened, Rory?" Ponyboy asked leading his sister inside and to the bathroom.

"Dally as I were at the park, some socs pulled up started talking shit to Dal. He yelled at me to run and one of the guys followed me." She explained, it sounded grossly oversimplified even to her own ears.

"Guy busted the blood vessels in your eye, it's completely blood shot. Gonna have some bruising, Dals gonna be pissed." Pony muttered turning her face gently in his hands, much like Soda normally would do to him after a fight or rumble.

"Great and probably have a concussion, too from him slamming my head into the road. I'm gonna take a shower Pone, come get me when you see them coming back." He did wanna leave her alone but nodded,  pulling her into a hug before kissing her head and going to stand on the porch.

Rory stripped quickly wincing when the shirt rubbed against her back. She got in the shower bathing and washing her hair quickly, letting the water run over her for a minute just needing to feel clean. Her mind was going a mile a minute with worry. Her boys were tough they'd be okay but she still worried. Tough didn't matter if someone pulled a blade and caught one of them off guard.

"Rory, they're coming back!" Pony shouted from outside the bathroom door. Rory quickly turned off the water, got out and dried off the fastest shd could before wrapping the towel around herself.

"Rory!?" Dally shouted, the front door slamming against the wall as he looked around the room for her. He finally spotted her rushing down the hall towards him.

Dally immediately took her into his arms barley registering the fact that she was only wearing a towel. He couldn't see much of her but he knew, he just had a feeling, that she was hurt worse than he was. He'd have some bruising and his lip was busted but it wasn't any worse than that. She pulled her face away from where it was buried against his shoulder and kissed him. Pulling away from the kiss he looked over her face, his hands came up to rest on the sides of my face gently trying not to hurt her. He felt the anger bubble up inside of him, she had just showered but her face was already bloody against from the split on her forehead and she was covered in bruises. He just look at her silently for a moment feeling sick to his stomach when he saw the tears fill her eyes. It wasn't often that she cried. She didn't let things get to her but she never been attacked like that.

Dally pulled her back against his chest as a broken sob escaped her lips. Dally's head turn glanced at the boys over his shoulder, they all knew it took a lot to make her cry, something that really spooked me. Normally they would be hooting and hollering ready to track down the socs, instead they were quiet, still angry but not wanting to upset her more. Rory was still crying into Dally's chest, he just held her tight in his arms, petting her hair and shushing her.

She was just starting to calm down when Dally pull away gently, bending down and scooping her up into his arms like a baby. He didn't say anything and no one else did either, he just silently carried her down the hall and to her room. She was still sniffling as he sat her down on the edge of the bed, before turning to her dresser and opening a few drawers.

"I have one of your t-shirts in that bottom drawer will you grab it?" She asked quietly, her throat obviously raw from screaming earlier and then crying.

He grabbed the t-shirt knowing she liked sleeping in his clothes. Spinning around on his knees in front of her her slipped a pair of panties over her feet, helped her stand, turned his head against her belly as he pulled the panties up under the towel. He stood up kissing her softly before grabbing the shirt and pulling it over her head. She pushed her arms through the holes and let the towel fall off from under the shirt which was big enough on her to cover her to mid thigh. She smiled as she plopped back down onto the bed and sighed quietly.