Chapter XIV

Rory had been pretty upset after the movie last night when Dally never showed up but she still had fun with the girls and Cherry even took Pony and Johnny back to our house. She found out later that night that Cherry was barrel racing today, the same day Dally was riding.

Pony had told her that the boys were supposed to be here today too so she figured she would surprise Dally. She never missed his rodeos and she really didn't want to start now. Sje spotted Darry's truck, saying her goodbyes to Cherry and her parents in case she didn't see them before they left. She threw her bags in Barry's Truck and went to find the gang, knowing they were probably in the usual spot.

"Rory?" She smiled when Darry noticed her, all of the boys turning to look in her direction.

"Wow, you look-"

"Great!" Soda and Darry said together, cutting Steve off. She laughed looking down at the lacy white dress Cherry let her borrow and had her leather on top.

"Really? I feel like I look all socy, Cherry told me it would look good," She shrugged, still feeling a little weird. She never wore clothes like this.

"You don't look socy you look like a normal girl, bugs," Darry laughed, kissing her head.

"I thought you were't coming today though?" Two-Bit asked, hugging her next and she shrugged.

"Well, I actually came with Cherry. She's barrel racing today, figured I'd come with her, wanted to surprise Dal," She noticed some of the boys faces change expression when she mentioned Dally and it made her stomach drop.

"What is it? Y'all were all laughing and smiling, so what's wrong?" She asked, scowling when no one would look at or answer her.

"Pony? Soda?" She asked, both wincing at her harsh tone.

"Dare?" She asked, snapping her head towards him, voice filled with worry. 

"Rory, everything okay. It's just all of the bulls have been throwing' the riders pretty hard already today, real agitated like. Talked to Dal earlier, said he was still gonna ride though," She let out a deep breath nodding.

"Okay. Okay, well I mean Dally's been thrown before and if they're still allowing riders it can't be to bad, right?" She asked, trying to keep the nerves she felt out of her voice, she knew it only took a second for the bull to stomp him.

"Right," All if the boys simultaneously answered but it didn't do much to reassure me.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go see if I can spot him," She mumbled, she knew she had a bad feeling for a reason and now she couldn't make it go away. She pushed through the groups of people knowing he'd be in his regular spot getting ready to ride.

She walked over to the waiting area and noticed Dally right away, smiling at his back being turned to her. The other riders were around the ring watching one of the other acts. She walked up behind him silently, pushing up on her tiptoes to slip her hands around to cover his eyes pulling him down just slightly to whisper in his ear.

"Hey there, cowboy. Guess who?" She brushed her lips against the shell of his ear, laughing when he spun around and lifted her up in arms.

"Your here," He whispered against her neck, squeezing her tight against her chest.

"I never miss you ridin', baby," She pulled back smiling at him, he couldn't stop it as he leaned down to kiss her, still holding her against his chest.

"I thought you might not- I'm sorry for being such an ass, doll," He apologized, she shook her head grabbing his face and pulling him down into another kiss.

"Stupid arguments happened, Dal. I'm not mad at you and I would never miss you riding," She could see the pure love in his eyes as she ran her thumb along his jaw, pushing up on her toes again to brush her lips against his.

"Always thought watching you ride was hot anyway," She whispered nipping at his bottom lip and he swallowed the groan bubbling up in his throat.

"Oh yeah? I get something special if I win?" He asked smirking.

"You can have anything you want if you win," She looked up at him, his hands pulling her body flush against his.

"Mm, I'll kept that in mind. Your clothes are awfully accessible today," He grinned devilishly, one hand sliding down to skim over the inside of her thigh.

"Always had a fantasy of you fuckin' me in your ridin' gear," She admitted, breathing a shuttering breath against his lips.

"Fuck, Rory. Gettin' me all hot and bothered before I go out there. Gonna win and I'm gonna fuck you against the back of the arena," He growled pushing his hips against her.

"Yo, Dallas," Buck called, Dally and Rory pulling away slightly as the man walked over.

"You're up next, man, get ready," Buck slapped his back, nodding at her before walking back to his place by the bulls.

"Be safe out there," She whispered, hugging him, laying her head against his chest listening to his pounding heart, the only sign that he was even a little nervous.

"Always am, doll. I love you," He smiled down at her threading one hand through her hair.

"I love you, too, Dal," She whispered before he pulled her in for one last sweet kiss. He pulled away and she watched him walk towards the chute.

Once she couldn't see him anymore she turned and made her way back to the boys, thumping Steve in the throat when he started making kissy faces towards her teasingly. She could see Dal across the ring easily now, winking at her when they made eye contact. She smiled at him rolling her eyes at his smirk when a man's voice introduced Dally over the speakers, the crowd clapping and cheering with us while Two and Steve cheered obnoxiously loudly making her laugh again. She could see Dal chuckling at the boys antics before shaking it off. The cheering calmed down as he started climbing over the rail to mount the bull. She took a deep breath trying to control her racing heart as she watched him. Dally was good on the bulls, he was always good but it was dangerous.

"He's got this," Soda said quietly against the side of her head, slinging his shoulder over her arms.

She didn't answer, just silently watched the chute open to let him out.