Chapter XVI

"Rory..." Dally whispered, moving his hand gently under the head. He watched her blink her eyes open slowly at the whisper of her name.

"Rory?" Her head popped up quickly looking towards Dally whose eyes were just barely open.

"Oh. Baby, you're awake," She whispered standing up to sit next to him on the bed, caressing the side of his face gently.

"Are you okay?" He rasped out, she raised an eyebrow at him laughing quietly.

"You got stomped by a bull and you're asking if I'm okay?" She asked, confused, he hummed quietly resting his good hand on her thigh.

"How bad?" He mumbled, squeezing his eyes closed for a second before looking back at her.

"15 stitches in your head, broken nose, necks hurt pretty bad, some fractured ribs and your arms broken,"  He squeezed her thigh as she explained, he could hear her scream echoing in his ears. God, it was a horrifying sound, it reminded him of when her parents died.

"Are you in pain? Want me to get the nurse?" She asked, running her fingertips along his forearm but he shook his head.

"No, want ya to lay by me," He whispered, grabbing her hand and tugging on it.

"Baby, I don't wanna hurt you-"

"Please, Rory. Just need to hold you, baby. Need- I need ya close to me," He watched her chin wobble but she nodded helping him scoot a little before crawling in the bed under the cover. She laid on her side resting her head against his chest as his arm wrapped around her.

Her body was so warm against his freezing one. Jesus. Why did they keep hospitals so cold? Poor thing must have been exhausted because she was already fast asleep, clutching the front of his gown in her hand. Her pretty face was starting to look more like her again, the bruising was fading and her eye was returning to its normal white color. Dally laid there silently twisting his fingers through her hair wondering what she was dreaming about. God, he wanted to kiss her so bad.

"Rory, baby," Dally whispered, the room was dark now, the only light coming from the moon outside.

The nurse came about an hour ago to tell Rory it was okay for her to stay the night she was still sleeping so he didn't bother to wake her up. Darry stopped in checking on him and kissing Rory telling him the boys had left but would be back in the morning. He'd just nodded and asked the brother to bring her some clothes back.

"I'm awake, Dal," She whispered listening to his heart beating in his chest.

"Was scared," He whispered, his arm tightening around her waist, grasping the white lace of her dress.

"That's understandable, Dal-"

"Wasn't scared for me, Rory. Was scared for you," He sighed letting out a deep, shaky breath trying not to cry.

"Why, baby?" She asked, frowning at the way his heart started pounded in his chest.

"Was scared that bull would kill me and you'd be all alone. Loosing another person you love in just a few short months. Scared that I would break a promise I made to your parents and brothers to always take care of you. Don't ever wanna leave you, Rory. Don't want you to lose me. Don't ever wanna lose you," Rory's eyes filled with tears listening to his confession, chest shuttering with the force of holding back tears.

"Oh, baby. Dally, I love you, so much. You don't ever have to worry about me-"

"Yes I do. You're everything to me, Rory. The only family I have, the only person I've ever loved. I worry about you losing me one day, hell I worry about you just walking to school or work. I'm constantly waiting for something to happen because I'm always so worried about you. When I see socs messing with you or other greasers, even though you can handle yourself, I'm ready to kill someone because you don't deserve the way you get treated. I would fight a hundred socs if it meant you weren't hurt ever again. You're just- I'm in love with you, Rory and nothing will ever change how worried I am for you all of the time," He was grateful when she pushed up on her forearm, careful not to hurt him and pressed her lips to his.

She twisted her fingers in the front of the gown he was wearing as his arm pulled her as close as he could. His hand slid up her spine to the back of her head, deepening the kiss and pushing his tongue past her lips. She couldn't help the quiet moan that crawled up her throat, pulling back she rested her head against his cheek trying to steady her breathing.

"God, doll, when I get out of here- mm," He groaned quietly, squeezing her around the waist again. As soon as he got home he was going to make love to her, show her how much she means to him.

"Not until you're better," She mumbled, laying her head back on his chest.

"Nope, as soon as we get home and I get you alone," He said and she could see the smirk on his face without even looking at him.

"Mhmm, except your gonna be staying with me and I doubt the boys'll appreciate you fucking their sister their," She chuckled rolling her eyes.

"Yeah? What about me making slow, sweet love to her? Hm?" He asked, hand slipping under her dress, fingers digging into her skin as goosebumps erupted all over her body.

"Guess it depends on what you wanna do to me..." She whispered pushing up on her arm again to see his face in the dim moonlight. Now was not the best time for this but he started it.

"Fuck, I'd start by stripping you down slow, then lay you back to relax. I'd take your hands in mine and just lay my body on yours for a minute, love the way your body feels under mine. Then I'd start kissing you everywhere, slowly making my way from your gorgeous face all the way to your feet, worship your beautiful body, find all of my marks that are starting to fade and make new ones. I'd touch you in all the places that make you hot until you're writhing underneath me. Then I'd wrap you around me and make love to you slowly until you're begging me for it, calling out my name until you get off. Then I'd wrap you up in my arms, kiss you, and just hold you close to me, baby," Rory smiled snuggling against his side as he kissed the top of her head.

"That sounds nice, I'd like that, Dal," She could feel him smile against the top of her head.

"I'm gonna marry you, Rory Curtis," He whispered into the dark room. She didn't answer, she just smiled contently and fell asleep in his arms.