Chapter VII

"Hey, Dal?" Rory asked quietly, the two of them sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Yeah, doll?" He asked, turning to face her , rubbing his hand up her legs as they were thrown over his lap.

"Wanted to ask you something," Her voice was still quiet as she shifted to pull her legs out of his lap and fold them under her so she could shift closer to him.

"Okay, what is it?" He asked tucking some hair behind her ear, wondering why she seemed so nervous.

"Do you ever get upset that we don't have sex?" She asked, her eyes slowly meeting his.

"What? No. Why would I be mad about that?" He asked, running his fingertips up the length of her arm. She just shrugged looking down at her lap for a moment while Dally just sat there waiting patiently for her to continue.

"I'm ready, Dal," She whispered, her eyes glancing up at him slowly, catching his confused gaze.

"Ready?" He asked quietly, her cheeks turning pink as she gave him a small smile when his eyes lit up with realization.

"Oh. Oh! You're ready- are you sure?" He asked, hands coming up to rest on the sides of her face.

"Yeah, been thinking about it a lot the past couple of days," She said leaning into his touch.

They had been together for a little over two years. It was no secret he wasn't a virgin but he respected that she was and that she wasn't ready at the time to have sex. He never made her feel bad about it even though sometimes she still did, like when they would make out and he would get a boner so he would excuse himself to the bathroom. He always said it was fine but she still got embarrassed and felt bad about it. She finally felt like she was ready. She loves him and knows he loves her. He's the only person she could ever see herself with.

"God, I love you," He smiled big, pulling her into a kiss before standing up, still holding her face.

"You're gonna stay here, I'm gonna be back in a little while to pick you up. Don't go anywhere just pack a bag and be ready when I get here," Rory laughed as he kissed her between words before pulling away and heading to the door.

She didn't even get another word out before the door was slamming shut behind him. She sat there for a minute smiling like an idiot when Soda came bounding in the room with a goofy grin of his own.

"What are you so happy about?" He asked, she just shrugged tucking a piece of hair behind her hear, still smiling.

"I should ask you the same," She retorted amused as he plopped down on the couch next to her.

"Big date with Sandy tonight," He grinned big at his sister, sne smiled even remembering what she heard him tell Dally last night but she wouldn't bring it up unless he did.

"Oh yeah?" She asked, still amused at his goofy smile.

"Yep! So what about you?" He asked bumping her with his shoulder watching her blushed. She considered just brushing it off but it had been a long time since the two had a real serious conversation or really talked about much other than work. He was always with Sandy and she was always with Dally.

"I finally decided to go all the way with Dal," She said quietly pulling her knees up to her chest. He looked at her silently for a moment with a thoughtful face.

"You and Dally never..." He trailed off waving his hand in the air and she shook her head gently.

"No, I'm still- still a virgin," Sje crinkled her nose up, Soda and her had always talked about crushes, boyfriends, girlfriends, but very rarely did they talk about sex.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with that, you know that right?" He said seriously squeezing her shoulder.

"No, I mean, I know. I'm just kinda nervous I guess," She shrugged sighing deeply.

"Nervous about which part?" He asked, turning sideways to face her. This wasn't your typical sibling conversation

"I don't know, all of it? I'm worried I won't be good enough," She answered quietly, biting her bottom lip, immediately regretting it when she felt pain where her lip had been split.

"Rory, Dally is a lot of things but he's not shallow. He don't care that your inexperienced. Just don't freak out let him lead you but if you feel like you need to stop or slow down tell him. It's normal to be nervous but I know he'll take care of you," Soda said, rubbing her back gently. It was obvious she was nervous but that was normal, he knew his friend would take care of his sister.

"Thanks, Soda. I'm just worried, I mean he's been with such beautiful and experienced girls like Sylvia-"

"Don't do that to yourself, Rory. You're so much more than Sylvia was and not only that but Dally loves you that's why he's with you. You know what you could do?" Soda asked, she looked up at him again shaking her head, trying not to let herself get all emotional.

"You could ask him to show you what he likes, ya know like guide your hands, show you what places he likes to be touched, stuff like that. I mean Sandy was my first and that's what we did," Soda shrugged. Rory was silent for a minute nodding slowly. She knew some stuff he liked so that made her feel better remembering that she'd gotten him hard many times so she was obviously doing something right

"So you really don't think I have anything to worry about?" She asked seriously.

"I really don't, baby. It's a big moment but it'll be great," Soda made a surprised noise, hugging his sister right when she suddenly turned and threw her arms around him.

"I hate that we're not as close as we used to be," She mumbled, burying her face against his shoulder.

"Hey, just cause we might not hang out and stuff as often as we used to doesn't mean anything. You're still my best friend," Soda replied with a small frown, not knowing that his sister felt this way.

"I know, you'll always be my best friend, I just miss you, ya dig? You're always with Sandy and I'm always with Dal," She shrugged getting sad all over again.

"Well how about this, me and you, sibling date after work Monday?" He asked smiling when a big smile filled her face making her cheeks hurt.

"That would be great, Soda!"