Chapter V

"Baby, Darry asked me to wake you up. Wanted to know if you were going to school today." Dally whispered against her ear as he shook her awake and kissed her lips.

"Yeah, I need to. Ugh. I'm getting up." She heard him chuckle quietly before the bed dipped and he was gone.

Rory rolled over and had half a mind to put makeup on to cover all of these bruises but decided against it. She knew she would get annoyed at all of the looks but it wouldn't be the first time. Rory had a couple school friends she hung out with but didn't get to hang out with them outside of school. Almost all of the girls were middle class or socs and wouldn't be caught dead with a greaser outside of school. Again She didn't really care. She was content with having someone to talk to at school then hanging out with the gang after. 

Rory pushed myself up out of bed getting dressed quickly in a pair of black jeans, a white v-neck and her leather. She slipped on her black combat boots and just left her hair down natural and curly. She went to brush her teeth quickly spraying a little perfume, looking  in the mirror and frowned her face looked worse today then it did last night. One eye still completely blood shot and black and blue, a dark bruise on her jaw, bruising on both of her cheeks and a gash on her forehead that she was surprised didn't need stitches. Sne went back to her room grabbing her school bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

Rory could see all of the boys outside through the living room window. Rolling her eyes when she opened the door and they tried to hide their grimaces when they saw her face. Dally the only one that stayed looking her way, puffing on his cigarette.

"Wow, you'd think I'm a mutant with they way y'all just looked away, nearly broke your necks." Rory was joking but Dally was the only one that laughed, the rest of the guys looking sheepish.

"Guys, chill. Lighten up. I'm fine, this isn't even the worst I've ever looked after a fight, sheesh." She muttered tucking myself against Dally's side, smiling when he kissed her head.

"Sorry, Rory, you two  ready?" Darry asked looking at her then Pony.

"Unfortunately," Sne mumbled turning in Dally's arms when the other boys started walking away.

"You know you don't have to go right," he said flicking away his cigarette.

"Yeah, I know. But I need to." She looked up at him tightening her arms around his waist.

"Want me to get you after school, walk you home?" He asked, Rory nodded her head again and kissed the underside of his chin.

"I love you, Dal. I'll see you in a little while."

"I love you, too, baby," He kissed her softly before grabbing her hand and walking her to the truck.

The ride to school was quiet. Pony and Rory were still in the same school just different grades. They normally walked to and from school together together but he had track practice today so so was glad Dal offered to pick her up because Darry wouldn't get off until after practice and she hated waiting around.

Her first two classes were pretty boring, found nothing much besides taking notes and doing bookwork. Rorh got the looks and stares she knew she would get. Thankfully no one asked cause she probably would've gotten an attitude about it get been sent home. Her next class wouldn't be so bad, her friend Sherri was in that class. Well, she guessed you could call the girl her friend. She was one of the very few socs that were actually nice and didn't act better than everyone.

"Rory, hey- oh my goodness what happened?" Sherri gasped, hugging her books to her chest as she rushed toward her friend.

"Hey, Sherri. It's nothing, a couple socs jumped me and my boyfriend last night." She shrugged trying to be casual, but Sherri wasn't like the other socs. She wouldn't just brush it off or make a stupid remark, she  turned sideways in her desk to face Rory, a genuine look of concern on her face.

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry that happened." She frowned before the look on her face changed to a small smile. It was obvious Rory didn't want to talk about the fight so Sherri decided to change the subject.

"Tell me about your boyfriend, what's his name?" She asked, it caught her off guard at first she wasn't used to 'girl talk'.

"He's tough but he's so sweet with me. Sometimes I think I'm the only person that knows the real him." Rory gave her a small smile that Sherri returned.

"What's his name? Does he go here?" She asked again, and here was the part where people usually changed their tone when talking to her.

"Dallas Winston," Rory said simply, Sherri's soft gasp indication of where this conversation was gonna go. She could see the shock on the other girl's face but what surprised her was when she just kept the conversation going.

"You're dating Dallas Winston? But isn't he like a hood?" She asked and had it been anyone besides Sherry, Rory probably would have snapped at them but she hadn't said it in a snooty way so Rory nodded.

"He's done some bad stuff I'll admit but in all the years we've been friends and the two years we've been dating he's been a better boyfriend to me than I could ever ask for, ya dig? He just gets me. Like I said I think I'm the only person who really knows him," Sherri nodded and gave her another small smile.

"Yeah, I dig. Well, I wanted to ask you if you'd be up for a girls night at my place? I know it might be kind of awkward at first but I think you'll have a lot of fun," Rory was surprised that actually sounded  excited.

"Like a sleep over?" She asked, she'd never had a sleepover, much less been invited to once especially not at a socs house.

"Yeah, I usually have one on the weekends. Pizza, movies, gossip. That kind a thing!"

"That sounds really fun, I'll have to ask my brother though. I don't know how he'll feel about me staying on that side of town. I'll let you know tomorrow though, okay?" Rory asked and got a big smile in return.

"Okay! Awesome and if you can I'll have my dad pick us up from school since my car is in the shop!" Rory gave her a small nod before she turned around as the teacher started the lesson.

If Darry said yes this would be a very interesting weekend.