dix

🍸

🍸

『 Wedding venue, 03:00 P.M 』

"(Y/n)?" Hanmi snapped me out of my thoughts, forcing me to speak "Someone's talking to you."

I suppressed a groan, instantly locking my gaze with Jimin's. He seemed as surprised as I was, although unlike me, he didn't look like he wanted to flee and hide.

"What a coincidence!" He added, slowly patting his friend's back. "Are you a friend of Maria?"

I nervously shook my head, worried by the fact that Hanmi might learn that I went to a host club any second from now on.

"I'm her brother's coworker."

"Come on (Y/n), we're his friends." The beautiful brunette nudged me then turned to the ravishing men. "I'm Hanmi by the way, (Y/n)'s friend."

Despite the various interactions around us, Jungkook and I were staring at each other. He was surrounded by three gorgeous men while two more were sitting right in front of him. Although all of them were ridiculously good-looking, Jungkook's charisma alone had me going weak in the knees.

His red strands were now blonde, excessively constrating with his natural black hair. Dressed in a black tuxedo, he looked heavenly. It took me a few seconds to realize how awkard I might look staring at a man I barely knew. Eventually, I adverted my eyes from him, and focused on the other boys who were now chatting with Nayeon, Carla, and Hanmi.

To ignore the sudden uneasiness growing inside of me, I naturally joined a conversation with Hanmi, Namjoon and Jimin.

~ ♡ ~

The buffet was placed right outside the marquee since the weather was nice. We were waiting for the newlyweds to get changed and come back for a surprise show they had prepared for the guests. To kill time, we all headed to the buffet, ate, and drank.

If Juan and Kihyun were being clingy to one another, Hanmi had totally ditched me for a fucking hot doll–her words–who turned out to be the groom's cousin. As a result, I was hanging by myself, stuffing my mouth with delicious petits four while occasionally asking for flutes of champagne.

"Don't tell me you're trying to get wasted at a wedding."

Jumping due to the sudden interaction, I almost peed myself when I noticed how close Jungkook was standing behind me. So close I could feel his warm breathe hit the nape of my neck. Distancing myself from him, I turned so we'd face each other. As usual, his intimidating gaze remained fix on my shaking figure.

"I'm drinking because I want to." Rolling my eyes, I answered him.

A smirk crept up his face. "What were the odds, huh? Of us meeting here. I never thought you'd know Daeyong or Maria, small world."

He leaned against a tall tree, chewing on a small cupcake. The landscape plus Jungkook could have made a gorgeous work of art.

"Neither do I. Your friends–are they all part of the club?" The black-haired nodded, cocking an eyebrow. "I mean, it looks like it anyway. Just wanted to make sure."

"Why do you ask?"

Pursing my lips, I shrugged. "It might sound weird, but could you like not mention me attending the host club if my friend ever speaks to you?"

"The loud one?"

I cringed, nodding anyway. "The loud one." I repeated his words

Jungkook took a minute to answer. Apparently hesitating, a smirk made its way to his lips as he stared at something—or someone behind me.

"I won't, as long as you play along."

"Huh?"

With no further explanation, he placed a hand on my back, pulling me closer to him. I was then standing next to him, both lost and confused.
forcing me to stand next to him.

Before I could question his actions, an unfamiliar woman joined us. Elegantly walking on top of her high heels, she waved lightly. She stopped right in front of us and addressed Jungkook a playful smirk.

"Nice to see you Jungkook." She then glanced at me, still smiling. "I see you've moved on pretty quick."