dix-huit

🍸

🍸

『 Travel agency, 05:34 P.M 』

"What are you wearing?"

I sighed, looking down at my clothes. "A checkered oversized blazer with black flare jeans."

"Sounds nice!" My friend exclaimed on the phone. "Hair?"

"Usual style. And before you ask, no makeup except nude lipstick."

There was a short silence during which I couldn't keep my eyes from the mirror, hating the way I looked. Thank God my outfit was decent, but my face was far from it. How in the world did he ask me out, seeing me like that?

"I'm sure you look perfect (Y/n)! Also, where is he taking you?"

"I don't even know. We're having dinner, that's all he said."

I stayed on the phone with Hanmi for a few more minutes before going back to work. The day was dangerously approaching to its end. I was scared to see Jungkook, yet he showed up at my workplace and asked me out. Obviously, I was apprehensive. We never know how it could go with him, especially when it came to feelings. Still, I didn't think he would have reached out to me if he didn't care. How did he even know where I worked?

~ ♡ ~

"Namjoon told me. You told him, then he told me."

"I never said—"

"Yes you did. You mentioned your workplace and he told me. So I searched it on the Internet and found out the address."

I blushed, looking down at my plate full of (favorite homeland dish). Jungkook brought me to a (y/nationality) restaurant, a small yet classy one. It was surprisingly cute that he made all these efforts to find this place and make sure I'd like it.

"You used the remaining brain cells you have to find me and take me out." I smiled, desperately trying to ease my stress by teasing him

Unfortunately, Jungkook smirked which only caused me to blush harder. He was acting cockier than usual, probably because I was a walking bundle of nerves.

"Why so nervous (Y/n)?" The way he spoke made it clear he was aware of the effect he had on me.

I decided to be honest. "This whole thing is just weird! Like, why did you even ask me out?"

He chuckled, seemingly not taking me seriously. "You said you cared for me. I thought about it, and turns out the feeling is mutual."

"But I never said I liked you?" Seeing his eyes open wide, I quickly added: "I don't mind going on a date with you, but you're so confusing!"

"How so?"

"You're lunatic." I simply said. "You're being nice right now, but I have this weird feeling that you'll screw it up."

Eventually, his cocky smile disappeared. He stared at me for a second, brows furrowed and lips pursed.

Realizing I may have sounded mean, I sighed. "Look at me. I look like trash. How can I actually believe you're into me?"

"Is everything supposed to be about looks then?"

I clicked my tongue. "Not denying the fact that I look like trash?"

Thankfully, it was enough to ease the tension and make him smile. A faint yet sweet smile. 

"I just happened to enjoy your presence." he said "I haven't felt this way since Soora." he timidly admitted, causing me to blush

"So, you really want this?"

He nodded. "If you want it too."

I paused for a second, acting as if I was hesitant. Maybe it could work after all.

"Well, let's try."

🍸