quinze

I am that someone

I am that someone

🍸

Bangtan Host Club, 03:00 P.M 』

Author's point of view

Jungkook had been through a tough week, emotionally torturous. Work was exhausting; customers were more demanding than usual, not to mention Choa would always ask him to stay late. In fact, it was particularly frustrating considering he was disappointed each time a customer turned out not to be (Y/n).

As usual, his heart was filled with guilt. Poor (Y/n) had never intended to be mean nor malevolent towards him, she tried to be a good person; but she just had to be too curious.

Eight days had passed since their last encounter, yet Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about it. That woman was the sole object of his thoughts, to the point that he was slowly forgetting his ex girlfriend, the vile Soora. It was a good thing, but he still felt bad towards the (h/c)-haired girl.

He wanted to fix things with her.

"Jungkookie, are you with me?"

The man snapped out of his thoughts, called by Taehyung who was about to head back inside. The break was over.

"Let's go." The concerned male nodded, following his friend inside the luxurious building.

While Taehyung went to Choa, Jungkook walked straight to the hosts' lounge where some of his coworkers were relaxing. He either could roam in public spaces, or wait in the lounge until a customer requested his company. He scanned the area and noticed his friend Yoongi, lazily making some coffee. Amused, Jungkook joined him, leaning against the cold counter.

"You tired?"

The porcelain skinned man rolled his eyes. "What do you think? I had a group of eight female customers, all begging me to smile, to joke with them, to play the piano—I love playing the piano Jungkook, you know that, but they requested stupid Kpop songs."

"Kpop?" Jungkook cringed. "Gross." (A/N : kpop kings but okay)

"Want some?" Yoongi pointed at the coffee machine

The younger man shook his head, politely refusing. "I'm going to the bookshop floor."

"Bookshop? Why?"

He shrugged. "I feel like reading a manga or something."

~ ♡ ~

Read? Impossible. Jungkook couldn't focus while customers were swooning over him. As a host, he knew he shouldn't shut them out for the good of the Bangtan club. Despite his annoyance, he tried hard to ignore them. Sitting on a chair, he sighed for the tenth time. There was no point in trying to read.

Jungkook was about to leave when something caught his attention.

It was three and half in the afternoon when a host appeared, accompanied by none other than (Y/n). Jungkook recognized her sweet laughter, causing him to look up and realize with horror that she had picked Namjoon to keep her company. For some reason, seeing them both laughing was hard to watch.

Rising from his seat, Jungkook decided to hide and watch them discreetly. Standing in the mangas' section, he pushed a few books aside on the shelf, creating a hole through which he had full view on his friend and the girl.

They were talking about books they were looking at. They seemed to get along pretty well, which was weird to Jungkook. Kim Namjoon had an excellent reputation among the customers, well known as a bright, hot and fascinating man. Also, he had dimples! And seeing how (y/n) blushed each time he smiled, Jungkook felt envious of them.

He sighed, wondering how stupid he looked right now. He never thought he'd hide at work, spying on one of his closest friend and a woman he never thought he'd—fancy. Fancy... He fancied (Y/n), it was crystal clear.

She was so different from all the women he used to date or like, in a good way. Her insecurities made her even more beautiful to his eyes, he felt the need to protect and reassure her. In other words, he wanted (Y/n), and he hated how beaming she looked next to Namjoon.

So, he couldn't just stay hidden and wait for her to fall in love with someone else.

"Namjoon." he called his colleague, catching both his' and the customer's attention "May I have a word with her?"