onze

🍸

🍸

Wedding venue, 05:47 P.M 』

Jungkook didn't bother warning me beforehand, practically acting like I was his girlfriend for God knows why.
Unable to comprehend the current situation, I kept my mouth shut and played along.

"How's your new toy?" Jungkook asked, ignoring the woman's previous remark. She rolled her eyes at that. 

Well, what an uncomfortable position...

"Don't call him that. And he's fine, thank you for asking."

Seeing how awkard the situation was getting, I decided to break the ice by introducing myself to the mysterious lady. I offered her a handshake, saying my name at the same time. Surprisingly, she didn't spare me a single glance, embarrassing the hell out of me.

"Are you kidding—"

"If you'll excuse us." Jungkook interrupted me, taking me by the hand to drag me away from the rude woman with whom—I supposed—he was involved in some kind of romantic relationship.

He kept on dragging me as far as possible, distancing us from the marquee. Once we were at least fifty meters away, he stopped and released his grip from my now sore hand.

Fuming, I asked: "What was that? Was she your ex?"

With that being said, Jungkook's dark orbs looked down at me. They were brimming with tears, instantly making me regret my tone.

He cleared his throat. "I have to go. Sorry about that."

~ ♡ ~

"Jungkook left an hour ago." Jimin told me when I asked about his friend. "He was with you, right?" He asked right after tasting sweets and cringing at the excessive amount of sugar in it. "Too sweet!"

I rolled my eyes. "These are rasgullas, best sweets ever. There's not even enough sugar in them. And yes, we were together. He just told me he had to go though; nothing more."

Jimin shook his head no, obviously disagreeing. "Never eating these again! As for Jungkook, I think I know why he left." he paused for a second, thoughts drifting elsewhere until I cleared my throat "Anyway, how about we head inside and dance?"

It was clear Jimin wanted to change the subject. Although I was curious, I couldn't insist since I didn't know Jungkook enough to dare ask about it. Well, I could ask the man himself but not Jimin. I didn't want to explain what happened with the girl earlier.

Naturally, I followed Jimin inside. We were welcome by loud music and dancing bodies all over the place, making it hard for us to reach the dance floor.

"Come on, (Y/n)!" Jimin yelled through the music, grabbing my hand.

Eventually, we joined his friends and Hanmi who were dancing. The latter wasn't alone, she was with the girl for whom she ditched me earlier. Little by little, I relaxed and began to dance, having fun with the small group. Juan joined us a few minutes later with Maria by his side.

As I turned around, a familiar face caught my attention. Jungkook's supposed ex was dancing on the other side of the marquee, arms wrapped around some random man's neck. They looked awfully close, like a couple. My doubts were confirmed when the man burried his face in her hair, lowering his hands to her back. I suddenly looked away, embarrassed.

"Hey weirdo, why are you standing still?" It was Hanmi, she nudged me.

"Yeah (Y/n), loosen up!" Juan yelled in my ear, waving his hands in the air. "Twerk that big ass of yours on one of these hotties right here!" He now whispered, causing me to blush.

Without thinking further, I focused back on moving to the rythm of the music to clear my mind and think of anything but Jungkook.